Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

The sun shines, the grass is green and it looks like a great place to live. I believe that you need to seriously go in there and fuck it up by either growing grass, ivy and shit everywhere or by destroying/rustying/blowing it a bit more. Play around with ze lighting as well. It has to tell some kind of story :cool:

Doesn't look very comfy to me Buddy :D I like the feeling of isolation, don't change that!

Random ideas peris:

- You can give the central building more importance by placing antennas and junk on top of it. Would improve the composition and focus imo.

- Place some evil birds in the skies! Even though the sky is toxic some animals always manage to adapt themselves to hazardous environments.

- Are you using specular maps? If so tone them up a bit so you can have nice hightights here and there.

- Use more decals, specially ivy ones.

- Post your diffuse maps when you are done with this =)

What I like about this piece is that it does look evil without making use of obvious stuff like skulls, fire, thorns, demons etc... It's a different concept of evil, nice shit!

Very good as usual Peris, if I may say though, I'm not getting the "evil feeling", more of an abandoned place that could be considered neutral.

I think you have to look at Silent Hill rust (the movie and 1st, 3rd game). Add some deep purple and evil colors to the plants as if they "suck the evil out of the ground", add small poisonous thorns at the leafs (I think shot#1 could show this amount of detail). Add more organic decay, more contrasted stains.

I think some fumes/smoke could work well there as well. take a look at some of the *gasp* Diablo 3 screens and concepts for some inspiration on the not so obvious "evil" (hell, add a rainbow there :cthulhu: )

But I'm nitpicking here, it is truly amazong and has a great atmosphere, I'm just trying to bounce some ideas off so you can think on what to improve :)

thanks a lot for all these comments guys =), I will try to take in as much suggestions as i can.

these will be the final angles I will use i think, I'm trying to nail them down now so i can focus where to spend most time polishing and adding details =). What do you guys think?

iteration21.jpg

iteration22.jpg

Not much has changed to the previous pics except that i tweaked some materials and made some changes to the lighting, trying to set it up so that the specular will show at least a tiny bit =).

lol so many people want birds in the sky :P, i think i will add leaf sprites blowing around in the sky though!

the first shot is precisely how i pictured it in my mind. the sky and fog as dangerous elements are a dead giveaway that something went wrong there-- or just wasn't right in the first place.

as for the second, it looks as if the place was a would-be industrial complex with a little bit too much emptiness on the walls, but then i am assuming that is the main theme as far as "terraforming gone wrong" goes. otherwise i think you captured the mood perfectly for desolate and abandoned.

The first shot is pure win! The second one not that much, I think you lose the profile of the buildings from that angle.

Wow Pericolos0, you've just shown sex basically. I'm constantly blown away at the quality of work shown in this thread by everyone.

Anyway, I don't know what Sentura and arhurt are on :P , but I think both of the screenshots are fabulous in their own way, they both show things from a different perspective.

Great work man 8) .

More shots from DM_parkterminal, I'm getting closer to the finishing stage! ;)

b201f3dmparkterminalbeta10010..jpg

451ca0dmparkterminalbeta10011..jpg

438b6admparkterminalbeta10013..jpg

(zombies aren't supposed to be there since the map will be for DM, but I was just having some fun ;)

ddf852dmparkterminalbeta10012..jpg

the lighting is just temporary, it looks like shit right now...

Peris, my boy, this is just awesome and most original :). I hope you'll win that competition.

Don't change anything to the lighting, it's ace, at least the color scheme. What makes it evil is certainly the Red / Green color mix which is a good symbolization of Poison / Treachery . But i'm sure you already know that :)

poisonivy011.jpg

apocalypse_now1_1.jpg

Keep it up on that way, this is certainly the best work i've seen from you.