Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Lately I wanted to bring a "F.E.A.R." isc feeling to the hl2 genra without those random "lol zombie is there then gone" scare tactics and I think

Great because it's not like reflective floor tutorials have been around since the hl2 beta leak... many.. many years ago. Please stop posting in this thread.

My apologies for not sitting at your level in mapping ifO, but hey all of use where new at one point, you guys way before me, I'm still a novice at mapping attempting to improve myself, rather then act like an ass and telling me to stop posting why not tell me what to do to improve? emot_shakehead.gif

They have the rights for the Cryengine1 (FarCry Edition). Do you really think Dunia was made from scratch? ;)

e: I've even read in an Interview that there are still some parts of the old engine. Don't know to what extend but I agree: We better consider it as a new engine ;)

blabla

I agree! :) Back to topic

blabla

Hey I didnt say blabla :P

My apologies for not sitting at your level in mapping ifO, but hey all of use where new at one point, you guys way before me, I'm still a novice at mapping attempting to improve myself, rather then act like an ass and telling me to stop posting why not tell me what to do to improve? emot_shakehead.gif
I completely missed ifO's reply, but good response! That was a bit dick of him.

Hehe I meant post somewhere more appropriate, if you need to at all, bit blunt perhaps but it's the second time you've done that in this thread. Less friendly forums you would have got a much worse response than that so count yourself lucky heh.

Update

I've been a bit lazy this week, since the contest was extended i took some time to relax :P.

I'm very unsure about what i will choose for my final shots, for the first one I think i will go with one of these two:

iteration17.jpg

iteration18.jpg

and one of these for the second shot:

iteration19.jpg

iteration20.jpg

Everything still needs a lot of polish, especially the normal maps and specs. Small model errors everywhere as well, and the lighting can also be a lot better i think. I'm going to put more stuff in the backdrop aswel and make a new skybox. Lots of things to do, but thank god theres still 2 weeks left =).

Make it more EVIL!

any suggestions? :cry:

sentura: thats interesting, i added the rail there to get some foreground detail in the shot =). I'll definitely play with the camera position some more.

psycho: i will! When its done =)