Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

43 minutes ago, Corvus said:

What game are you making it  for ? 

I wish I could make it for OW but since the SDK is far out I might start making it for TF2 or leave it as an exercise and start something new.

will2k inspired me to get out of my csgo sdk shell and to try a new engine, i don't have the Dying light game but i tried cry engine sdk . What can i say...i'm hooked :D 

I made my first simple island. The video has a lower resolution than HD but it's good enough for a first attempt.

Edited by Serialmapper

4 hours ago, Serialmapper said:

will2k inspired me to get out of my csgo sdk shell and to try a new engine, i don't have the Dying light game but i tried cry engine sdk . What can i say...i'm hooked :D 

I made my first simple island. The video has a lower resolution than HD but it's good enough for a first attempt.

This is awesome to hear :D

I believe CryEngine tools lets you build your own game without being attached to Crysis.

How about you turn it into a full blown island where you have to raid a terrorist/drug dealer/separatist/etc camp, rescue some hostages, then blow the shit out of the camp before returning to your extraction boat and gloriously sail to the sunset :-D. Profit?

22 hours ago, Matt_MG said:

Sketching / blocking out a payload map.

What you using to make these plans? Sketch Up?

4 hours ago, Serialmapper said:

You make me think of @[HP](?) tutorials... for cryengine 3 I believe.

Speaking of new/different techs you make me want to try FC4 editor, since I recently dug out the game and finished it

@will2k I'm just starting to scratch the surface. You gave me a good idea, but it's a long way until i will be capable to create such a game.

@blackdog i just followed their official tutorials from youtube.

Edited by Serialmapper

22 hours ago, blackdog said:

What you using to make these plans? Sketch Up?

You make me think of @[HP](?) tutorials... for cryengine 3 I believe.

Speaking of new/different techs you make me want to try FC4 editor, since I recently dug out the game and finished it

Yes, I started using sketch up since I saw it mentioned in an Eidos LD job posting.

It's good to make clean lines but the lack of vertex control and other tools you find in 3ds Max is quite annoying.

1 hour ago, Corvus said:

Wanted to partially artpass one of the Epic's Unreal Tournament's graybox w.i.p levels CTF_DAM to learn some things along the way. Here's what i've came up with so far. I've used a lot of normal map decals for this one.

Zi49099.jpg

QvqHQOm.jpg

And here is the original(almost) bsp

0REV9YO.jpg

I think instead of a font it should have a logo piece (texture or mesh, preferably Mesh). Looks awesome tho +

3 hours ago, Corvus said:

Wanted to partially artpass one of the Epic's Unreal Tournament's graybox w.i.p levels CTF_DAM to learn some things along the way. Here's what i've came up with so far. I've used a lot of normal map decals for this one.

Zi49099.jpg

QvqHQOm.jpg

0REV9YO.jpg

Very cool, seems like a fun project! This is the best (and most fun) way to practice environment art imo... can really go crazy and experiment new ideas on a blank canvas like this. :D 

hmmm CTF-Dam... this sounds like a 2d-chris map :D 

7 hours ago, Corvus said:

Wanted to atleast partially artpass one of the Epic's Unreal Tournament's graybox w.i.p levels CTF_DAM to learn some things along the way. Here's what i've came up with so far. I've used a lot of normal map decals for this one.

Zi49099.jpg

QvqHQOm.jpg

0REV9YO.jpg

Looks like SCI-FI Maps awesome like Unity or Unreal Engine. Congratulation