Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

On 29/10/2017 at 11:29 AM, Klems said:

I made a third map for an HL2:EP2 contest, go download the mod TeleportVille here! http://www.runthinkshootlive.com/posts/teleportville/

The theme of the contest was teleportation. My map is called The Crab.

IgrhxP2.jpg

Congrats for winning this issue!

Edited by blackdog

I feel like it's been eternity since my last post here. I had fun with lighting in UE4, not final shots. I'm not entirely happy about it, a specially the "dawn" light. Still would be great to hear what do you think guys :) !
day_light_test_a.jpg.646aa2d10fc462a8b263fdcc446d289d.jpgsun_light_test_b.jpg.d4f6f905646e63042c56d5fffc1b280d.jpg

Edited by knj

1 hour ago, knj said:

I feel like it's been eternity since my last post here. I had fun with lighting in UE4, not final shots. I'm not entirely happy about it, a specially the "dawn" light. Still would be great to hear what do you think guys :) !
day_light_test_a.jpg.646aa2d10fc462a8b263fdcc446d289d.jpgsun_light_test_b.jpg.d4f6f905646e63042c56d5fffc1b280d.jpg

This looks awesome!

IMO, they are both a bit too saturated, sunlight is more white than that, but the first one is much closer to the mark

@knj depends what you trying to achieve, if is realism what Fmpone said is true; I can say I like more the sunset shot because there’s more dynamic range, I can see more of the outside while the first just seems blown out in terms of exposure. It’s not realistic but if is a stylezed scene I can’t see how you couldn’t tone it a bit down and make it a favourite.

I feel it tells more of a story than the cold version, atm makes me think a nuclear bomb just went off 😬

Edited by blackdog

3 hours ago, leplubodeslapin said:

puvncKh.jpg

I'm working on a map for the last "Ville" of the year, for the RTSL mapping contest 2017.

It will end in 15 days, so hopefully i'll show my result when i'm done :)

Love your style, so I'm really excited to see what you create in the HL2 universe.

51 minutes ago, Corvus said:

Still haven't figured a good lighting scenario. 

I think you're definitely on the right track for lighting. The exterior light coming in from the windows certainly helps brighten things up and add another color to the scene, I'm sure things will look much better once you've got those chandeliers giving off their own light. Could be cool to have a fallen/slightly broken chandelier on the floor to try and brighten up the lower sections of the models. Depends how pristine you're trying to make the environment though, I personally find a bit of destruction provides a good bit of character to the scene. Or at least breaks up the geometric repetition and draws the player's eye.

I'm a little confused by your setting, is it supposed to be more medieval? Almost looks like you've got a string of light bulbs on the arch in your second screenshot. 

11 hours ago, Corvus said:

Some update on the scene. Still haven't figured a good lighting scenario. 

The scene is looking really nice but I don't like the lens flares from the candles. Feels off to me and I don't feel candles produce enough light to give off lens flares. I'm no lighting artist though, just saying! 

I guess it comes down to when the scene is set? I can see what look like some fairy lights, so I'm guessing it's present day at least? Perhaps you can use some wall sconces to give off more light if that's what you want?