Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

19 hours ago, ItzOmega said:

My first Unity project.

Models made using 3Ds Max, textures created with photoshop and Unity used as the game engine.

This level is intended to be for a mobile game, so everything is in "low" quality for that purpose.

https://imgur.com/a/Mt3ED

Looks cool for a first project but it needs more attention to the scale, things are way off, some barrels look like they are 3 meters high?

For what I can see it’s quite detailed and moody @Eric_Chocholacek.

Is you own indie project? You work in a team? What engine you using and target platform(s)?

Curious to see a video, half the job is done by sound design inhorror games. Is it a “classic” fps puzzle solving horror or is it more of an action title 

Hey @blackdog, thanks for the comment :D This is a project I'm making by myself as a portfolio piece (I've posted my website in the portfolio forum as well if you want to see some more progress screenshots). I'm using UE4 and aiming for console and PC platforms. 

Will definitely get a video up and running here soon! I'm doing things a little backwards so I don't have much audio implemented right now, but really looking forward to diving in to the audio design side of things to round off the experience. I'd say it's a classic horror fps, there's a handful of puzzles implemented to create a sense of progression, but I'm aiming to create something in the same vein as Outlast and SOMA as they're my biggest inspirations for this piece. 

I own both Soma and Outlast but haven’t got round to play them, but I find the genre very intriguing.

If you’re flying solo I don’t see how you could do differently in terms of content creation.

Looking forward to a video! And if you want the game tested feel free to contact me @Eric_Chocholacek :)

Edited by blackdog

@blackdog You should definitely check them out! SOMA is a mindboggling trip, haha, and I really love the chase sequences in Outlast 2, there's always the feeling that the enemies are right at your heels, especially when they force you to crawl through tight areas. 

Thanks for the playtest offer! Will certainly reach out once I feel the game is in a testable state. :]

Edited by Eric_Chocholacek

On 29/10/2017 at 11:29 AM, Klems said:

I made a third map for an HL2:EP2 contest, go download the mod TeleportVille here! http://www.runthinkshootlive.com/posts/teleportville/

The theme of the contest was teleportation. My map is called The Crab.

IgrhxP2.jpg

Congrats for winning this issue!

Edited by blackdog

I feel like it's been eternity since my last post here. I had fun with lighting in UE4, not final shots. I'm not entirely happy about it, a specially the "dawn" light. Still would be great to hear what do you think guys :) !
day_light_test_a.jpg.646aa2d10fc462a8b263fdcc446d289d.jpgsun_light_test_b.jpg.d4f6f905646e63042c56d5fffc1b280d.jpg

Edited by knj

1 hour ago, knj said:

I feel like it's been eternity since my last post here. I had fun with lighting in UE4, not final shots. I'm not entirely happy about it, a specially the "dawn" light. Still would be great to hear what do you think guys :) !
day_light_test_a.jpg.646aa2d10fc462a8b263fdcc446d289d.jpgsun_light_test_b.jpg.d4f6f905646e63042c56d5fffc1b280d.jpg

This looks awesome!

IMO, they are both a bit too saturated, sunlight is more white than that, but the first one is much closer to the mark

Thx FMPONE!. I totally agree. I wanted to push it more a lil bit, to be more interesting that regular real life sunlight :)  Thx again, tweaks needed :)