Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

1 hour ago, CWardee said:

Little heistent to show this stuff at the mo as it's pretty early days, but I've made some progress on an Unreal scene, planning on going for an derelict Chineese or Soviet Missile Silo, Danger signs are placeholders at the mo. Just a heads up the red light on the ceiling rotates

1.thumb.png.14c84fee5ba6ff34f5bca7dcdfe39529.png

Looks awesome but where is that red light on the right really coming from? Even if it's rotating it's not obvious enough IMO for that large an amount of light

8 hours ago, CWardee said:

Little heistent to show this stuff at the mo as it's pretty early days, but I've made some progress on an Unreal scene, planning on going for an derelict Chineese or Soviet Missile Silo, Danger signs are placeholders at the mo. Just a heads up the red light on the ceiling rotates

1.thumb.png.14c84fee5ba6ff34f5bca7dcdfe39529.png

Nice lighting!  But the normals on the meshes look a bit too noisy imo.

Edited by Corvus

Thanks very much for the feedback! The light is that tiny one up top on the ceiling, I'll try and brighten it up a bunch & make it more obvious. I'll definitely also see what I can do about the Normals

6 hours ago, nick nugent said:

@Radu We've actually released the standalone mod back in August of last year.  Took sometime but we finally got it released.

Oh, that's cool. I see it's planned for a Steam release as well? A bit late to the party though. How is it different from the rest of the lot: l4d, zombie panic: source, contagion, no more room in hell, etc?

On 08/09/2017 at 3:19 PM, Sjonsson said:

You're correct about that for sure. I looked through the library and couldn't really find the Italian feel anywhere. So I have been looking more at other canal-filled places like Amsterdam. I mean City 17 is in Prague so I don't think it's possible to make it look authentic to Venezia.

Wait, that's Veniz right? All these langauges and changing names, in Swedish it's 'Venedig'. WHY would you rename someone else's city? 

I was a bit worried at first about using water as obstacles. But the combine force field/fences helps out a lot when it comes to closing off the canals without obstructing the vision forcefully with boats, physical barricades etc. But yeah I agree, water levels are cool! I especially love canals.

I think cities change name cos they normally contain sounds and letters not present in other languages. Stockholm is Stoccolma in Italian. You guys mixed Italian and English there :D

Anyway is very hard to make a convincing environment with the wrong textures. Not sure it was ever disclosed where City 17 is… first time I hear Prague actually. There are several plaster textures in the HL2 set, maybe you can do something convincing anyway. Or maybe you can use CSGO/CSS textures?

I also love the Kanals environment Valve created, I was supposed to create one for Riot Act (part two) before it went off a bit another way.

Interested to see where it goes. What's the "assignment"/brief?

@Radu , Yeah we released on steam actually which was a blessing in of itself.  Mainly gameplay wise, just expanded on they original concept and added various gamemodes to the mix.  Though it does has a arcade type feel to it.

Edited by nick nugent

On 9/15/2017 at 6:05 PM, nick nugent said:

@Radu We've actually released the standalone mod back in August of last year.  Took sometime but we finally got it released.

That's really cool to hear, I remember being awed by Brainbread back in the day and loved the whole vibe.

Some more updates to my de_prodigy reboot. B site has had a makeover including opening up windows on the upper level. Now players can smoke/flash from outside the site and the increased brightness makes the whole site feel less confined. I also added non traversable window on the t entrance to upper site, now cts can be more effective against a rush.

20170920184036_1.jpg

20170920184048_1.jpg

20170920184202_1.jpg

18 hours ago, Radu said:

@blackdog come on, man! when are we going to see a map from you? I'll draw you a layout just to get you going :P

I brought the computer with me this week to Italy, thinking I would still have time to dabble on something for the CSGO contest, just for the sake of it, but between arriving at midnight monday, staying at my grandma one night, showing canada pics to my parents... I haven't used it at all until tonight :/ :sad:

I realized recently that having little time for a hobby like this, I put loads of pressure on myself, when I actually sit down with the editor I want quick results, and that's a course in itself because everything looks like shit and just gets discarded. I should probably give up on the idea but I don't want to.

Edited by blackdog