Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

3 minutes ago, will2k said:

Keywords for this WIP: Moncontour, Locronan, Saint-Suliac ;)

Un grand salut à tous les amis Bretons de mapcore @leplubodeslapin, @3Dnj, @laminutederire, @Corwin :)

nsPtNer.jpg

zTQtfRj.jpg

Nice !  Makes me remember the houses I pass by on my way to St Malo ! :) 

Maybe the roof is a bit too light, that could be something to look for maybe? (Otherwise perfectly Breton approved so far  :) )

Edited by laminutederire

21 hours ago, blackdog said:

@Klems I don't understand what contest you're taking about. Link?

Here's the full 2017 contest http://www.runthinkshootlive.com/thc/2017/

And a link to the current theme http://www.runthinkshootlive.com/posts/the-hammer-cup-2017-challenge-2-toxicville/

The week the mod got released I had 3 or 4 video walkthrough on my map and numerous written reviews. The instant feedback I got was invaluable, I think anyone can learn in a contest like that.

6 hours ago, 3Dnj said:

Where is the rain ??

In Normandy :B

3 hours ago, Jiro said:

@will2k et les nantais ça compte? :D

Ca rend bien en tout cas! 

Historically, Nantes was part of Brittany, so... you're good :D

@laminutederire: you're right about the roof being a bit over-reflective; this is a stock Valve texture, I'll probably replace it with a custom texture that is slightly darker to better represent "l'ardoise Bretonne" :)

2 hours ago, Klems said:

Here's the full 2017 contest http://www.runthinkshootlive.com/thc/2017/

And a link to the current theme http://www.runthinkshootlive.com/posts/the-hammer-cup-2017-challenge-2-toxicville/

The week the mod got released I had 3 or 4 video walkthrough on my map and numerous written reviews. The instant feedback I got was invaluable, I think anyone can learn in a contest like that.

Yeah definitely! Congrats on the good feedback!

and thanks for the tip, I was wondering if they were going to do new contests but have been too busy and forgot to check back :(

Last year I tried to start couple projects but couldn't make the deadlines

6 hours ago, CWardee said:

Decided to go back to rework and hopefully release my old Asylum project!1.thumb.jpg.9b088a3412ede1d981d0ece8bd7e6a25.jpg2.thumb.jpg.66fdc27f601c94211c0e99d40cd05522.jpg

4.jpg

This looks nice, but your rooms are still quite squared off and underlit. This makes your nice details just feel noisy

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 9:26 PM, will2k said:

In Normandy :B

Historically, Nantes was part of Brittany, so... you're good :D

@laminutederire: you're right about the roof being a bit over-reflective; this is a stock Valve texture, I'll probably replace it with a custom texture that is slightly darker to better represent "l'ardoise Bretonne" :)

Coming from Nantes as well, I support this message! We got the Castle, the heart of Anne of Britanny and one of the best crêperie, so I guess we have it all :P

Will you need pictures for those ? I can try to take some when I'll get back from Paris for the elections if that can help

14 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Coming from Nantes as well, I support this message! We got the Castle, the heart of Anne of Britanny and one of the best crêperie, so I guess we have it all :P

Will you need pictures for those ? I can try to take some when I'll get back from Paris for the elections if that can help

While I already have my references photos ready, I wouldn't mine some extra ones especially if they are for nice authentic stone houses or old storefronts or the castle :)

Focus first on the elections and if you manage to take some pics in your free time, I would be happy to use them :-D.

1 hour ago, will2k said:

While I already have my references photos ready, I wouldn't mine some extra ones especially if they are for nice authentic stone houses or old storefronts or the castle :)

Focus first on the elections and if you manage to take some pics in your free time, I would be happy to use them :-D.

Well the choice isn't that hard, candidates aren't all fabulous :P

I'll try to find some! References as in normal pictures to inspire brushwork, or something more texture ready?