Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

That looks great @Corvus! I especially love the skybox. Did you make that yourself? The only critique I can think of is that the light coming from the windows appear a bit too bright. 

2 hours ago, Sprony said:

That looks great @Corvus! I especially love the skybox. Did you make that yourself? The only critique I can think of is that the light coming from the windows appear a bit too bright. 

Thanks! I forgot to mention that, but no the skybox texture was made by Firegod522. He has a plenty of lovely 3d skyboxes on his website. And yeah i can agree with the lighting being a bit too bright )

23 hours ago, Corvus said:

Untitled-9.png

You've been showing a lot of nice compositions lately, but I really love this one! Great work :)

Edit: what would maybe make it even better is if the silhouette of the gate was more prominent/focused on.

Edited by Squad

On 2017-02-23 at 2:35 AM, CWardee said:

Still a work in progress the river especially needs to be fixed up!

pic1.thumb.png.87a1dd105040ec528af85b0af14d3e98.png

I really like this shot, especially the little stone bridge you used to run on as a kid! :D

However, I really think you should add a dividing line alongside the beach. I'm not good at photobashing but gave it a try to show what I mean. Maybe not as prominent as I made it but I think you get the point :)

bash.jpg

Edited by Sjonsson

6 hours ago, Sprony said:

My brain is wired in a weird way that whenever someone says Antarctic research base, it has to look like The Thing otherwise it won't compute.

That's actually what I initially planned but I sucked at designing a layout conducive to csgo (had to wall off a lot of open ground without making it feel constricted)

Ended up going with the south pole's research station. Its elevated base and underground tunnels/dome gave a lot of easy ways to "wall off" routes:

350px-SouthPoleStationDestinationAlpha.jI88aLRmg.jpg

7H6Fnfz.pngTWO2Qlvg.jpgz

Still planning on small easter egg references like the coil/petri dish and outpost 31 though :D