Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

2hgt2gq75enx.jpg

my smal scene inspired by The Last of Us, small but it was dam hard to make it in a week lolz - loads of work, since it was first scene made with my own custom assets

oh and still is a WIP i guess, but i have time to only work with skydome atm

Edited by knj

Nice little scene, good choice of colors :) I would rework the floor tiles a bit. Imo, the space between the plates is too wide and dark resulting in a kind of comic-look. The tiles used for the walls are way better.

good tips, but don't get mi started on light in UDK, that scene needs 15 min to bake light only to preview quality, don't want to try production i really hope they will step up with UE4, but Minos i have very similar resoult before but i figured out it was to dark but thx will tweak it a lil bit more ;)

BJA i was thinking about it as well but they used very simillar tiles in TLOUS ;)

Edited by knj

good tips, but don't get mi started on light in UDK, that scene needs 15 min to bake light only to preview quality, don't want to try production i really hope they will step up with UE4, but Minos i have very similar resoult before but i figured out it was to dark but thx will tweak it a lil bit more ;)

BJA i was thinking about it as well but they used very simillar tiles in TLOUS ;)

Wait, that's completely out of control... do you have a crappy PC or are you using 2048 lightmaps? It takes me about 5 minutes to render a full level in high :P.

You can also leave the PC on overnight if you are going to put this up on your portfolio.

If all else fails, just fake those gradients with point lights :P

Big improvement! Crazy how much magic light can add. But like they say about photography, it's all about light really — can't see shit without it. :D

Looking better with this lighting, indeed. Even so you might want to try to get some more interesting reflections/spec details on the floor and also add some more dirt/garbage decals/models. The floor itself looking quite... empty right now.

Edit:

Like the a cell in Batman arkham asylum. Sadly I only found this small image with quite a bad angle for reflections...

Anyway the scene looking great right now!

Edited by Fuzyhead

thx man, about the floor you are totally right, that's why i didn't mess with the spec but i've added a mesh to make the composition a lil bit complete ;)
here it is

the_last_01.jpg

Edited by knj

How about getting more debris on the floor and catch some specular from the floor? It's perfect straight right now. I guess the soft light won't do the job here. I'd prefer hard spot light from the window and some caustics from one omni light.