WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Marcos

8 hours ago, Terri said:

made a thing to give hotspot texturing a go ? more on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/q9O9an

That's awesome, I'd noticed HLA had great edge definition but I assumed they just made everything out of displacements 'cause they went through that phase in csgo

Would kill to have that feature in source 1 though, I've used my own jerry-rigged version of it for a project but it's just such a hassle

reference-3a-smol2.png.dd5eae992e47209344dc824104cc1624.png

Edited by ThunderKeil

Hi! First time on the forum, first time making a map! (aside from a test one following a tutorial)

Firstly, let me just say, looking at some of these creations is humbling! I'm still a noob, with much to learn, but damn is it inspiring to see what some of you are creating! :o Especially seeing at which stage most people are in their creation/the form in which they approach the design! Perhaps my technique is a little wrong... but I'm recreating our IRL office and the surrounding environment and building in CS:GO! Don't be too harsh, but feedback is super super super appreciated - I've only got one site fleshed out atm, so it plays better as a wingman map than anything else. You can find it on the workshop as "de_hatt". It's just using default textures and props atm, but once I've fleshed it out a little more, I plan to get into finding some props and custom textures! Aside from the layout, one big issue I'm scared for is integrating this build into a small city setting... I am unsure how to balance detail with optimizing the skybox and stuff... It feels unnatural to just "wall everything off" :s I'll cross that bridge when I do though XD. 

Should I create a dedicated thread for this? I guess I have lots of questions... thanks :)

-Eri

20200924050518_1.jpg

20200924050505_1.jpg

20200924050530_1.jpg

20200924050542_1.jpg

20200924050557_1.jpg

20200924050648_1.jpg

20200924050622_1.jpg

Edited by Erigorn

22 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

This is Doom 2 (GZDoom) with sprites from Doom 64 and textures from OTEX. 
I plan to take a look at the Quake mapping scene in coming years when I'll done all my Doom maps.

Oh wow, it looks incredibly good, got me fooled!

I've just got back into Quake recently and slowly playing through Arcane Dimensions, seeing all that amazing stuff really wants to make you map!

Edited by blackdog

41 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I've just got back into Quake recently and slowly playing through Arcane Dimensions, seeing all that amazing stuff really wants to make you map!

I can highly recommend Menetettyjen Valtakunta if you haven't already played it. It isn't quite as visually spectacular as the more recent AD maps, but it's still pretty breath-taking in parts and it uses Copper mod which stays much more faithful to Quake's weird thematic mashup than AD.