WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Marcos

4 hours ago, Radu said:

I see you expanded on the previous idea with the football quest. Well played, well played!

:D

This is a new campaign where you will compete in "extreme" Olympics.

Very early WIP; I'm still writing down the story, events and quests. 

I just uploaded version 2.0 of my first map de_tomb to the workshop. It's been exactly a month since the first version went up. I've completely revamped the map based on playtest feedback. I fixed how dark it was, the narrow paths, and added more routes around the map among other things.

Steam page here.

Imgur album here.

Flythrough video here.

Hope you like it!

de_tomb_2.jpg

de_tomb_7.jpg

de_tomb_9.jpg

Edited by Snusmumriken

I've been working on a short minigame/obstacle course map for CS:GO over the past few weeks. This MG map is set in space and pits CTs and Ts in a race to rescue a hostage and detonate a bomb respectively. This map will feature changing elements each round, such as platforms being placed in different locations (I ended up using a lot of logic_case and func_brush entities). Hopefully, these variation will be enough to make each round an interesting experience, while still keeping the variations simple enough so that players will quickly figure out what to do.

I've attached some GIFs showing off the dynamically changing elements. As you can see, skyboxes also vary each round, thanks to the skybox_swapper entity. A lot of the variations will also be invisible and it will be up to you to determine the safe path.

Some other planned features not show in the GIFs:

• Invisible death walls (good for testing your short term memory)
  • A rolling log section (Source Engine really does not like you reversing the direction of func_rotating)
  • A short surf section that's doable using default Global Offensive settings
  • Two secret areas. Perhaps you'll be able to travel to another big wide open galaxy
  • And much more

I think I might keep the abstract white-square-blocks-floating-in-space aesthetics seen in the GIFs. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but given that this map is obviously not based on a real location and that bright white surfaces tend to go well with space maps, I don't see it as a huge issue. On the other hand, I am open to suggestions on how to make this map look better while still keeping this simple theme.

mg_space_race_01.gif

mg_space_race_02.gif

mg_space_race_03.gif