Furyo

Francois Roughol - Senior Designer

I'm not currently looking for any position, but I thought I would post this in the database anyway, try and improve on the design of the site if you have any suggestions.

Pics for AC2 will be coming shortly. I need them approved first.

http://www.froughol.com

I was looking at this a little bit earlier and a few things struck me for some reason.

1. I dont like how the prince of persia shots contain the main character, that sort of annoyed me (nitpick)

2. Comparatively, that "Studio" TF2 map is leagues below the rest of your work, take it out.

3. I've played Might and Magic and I have no idea why you took such boring shots of a game with such cool environments!

4. The "other work" section in personal work doesnt contain anything interesting, I would say get rid of it entirely.

Other than that I do like it and the work inside it. Also, its fast, and thats a big plus

The DM images are indeed from IGN, I never took the time to make my own.

I'll get rid of the other stuff, this was indeed the stuff I was concerned with.

That's it, taken care of. It does remind me how I struggled to include it in the first place, probably a sign it didn't belong. I had asked myself the question of whether or not to include Studio (which is a sub par work by all standards)

I'll reinstall Dark Messiah on my PC and take some proper screenies. Even though none of my work included making it look good, quite the opposite.

Yep, I really like your folio. It's the pure example when simplicity does the job right.

I think it could benefit if you used that typical javascript image viewer some people have been using, like Pomperi's folio. And, you can still open the pic on a new tab with middle click anyway.

Oh and yeah, definitely get new screens for Dark Messiah, even if you didn't worked on art at all! :)

I used to have lightbox, and it wasn't all I was looking for. Mainly it also screws up on Iphones and the likes, and I really want my website to be as accessible as possible.

I might have to try again

The portfolio does the job very well. Easy to access, no unneccsarry or distracting stuff in the way, no confusing navigation.

Only thing you could do to further impoove it is to add watermarks with your name and email adress to the pictures.

They already have them for those worthy of them. The screens for AC2 are frame captures of official videos for now. I took out the pics for DM and in the case of RRR I can't possibly get better shots than the IGN ones.

nice portfolio, does everything it should and looks professional ... there becomes a time when dabbling on minor things beccomes a waste of time. The titles you've worked on says enough about your work for an interview without question, enough said :)

Small bump for a small addition, but I realized that my CV wasn't on the site so I added a PDF version of the linkedin profile.

Which brings me to the real reason I posted about this: I was asked twice lately to provide a Word version of my CV. What do you guys think about that? Ever been asked that too? I find it odd that a pdf wouldn't be an acceptable format in 2010. Even more so when you don't want people editing your files for whichever reason.

Personally I think it's simply a recruitment agency's way of telling you it will be easier for them to enter you in their database...