Reasearch & Development mod for HL2:Ep2

Gloglebag

Fantastic Singleplayer mod, real smart. I hope valve hires these guys.

PC gaming super-blog Rock, Paper, Shotgun loves R&D! In a new review Alec Meer praises the mod as "a seismic shift" away from the norm, telling readers that it is "as must-play as an HL2 mod gets":

R&D’s hook is that it’s essentially non-combative. Yep – you go without guns throughout (bar the ol’ Gravity jobbie, but hey, that’s more about construction than destruction here). Sure, you can tell an Antlion to claw someone to death or arrange to squash men with falling girders, but you’re definitely not Edward Pistolhands. It’s an environmental adventure game, taking the irregular physics and logic puzzles seen in HL2 itself and turning them into the game itself. Mazes, gravity, exploding microwaves and fire-retardant antlion carapaces all make an appearance – it’s very much a point’n’click adventure in an FPS engine.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/07 ... velopment/

bg0003.jpg

level_4a0002.jpg

level_1b0000.jpg

http://www.moddb.com/mods/research-and-development

So I really wanted to play this mod; I can only play games on my old PC and not my laptop. I dusted the old thing off which hasn't been on in a year. I don't remember why but it wouldn't run. I deleted my Ubuntu partition and decided to put Windows 7 on. By deleting my Ubuntu partition I fucked GRUB up so now I cant boot into my original Windows XP. My first Win 7 CD was an old version that said "fuck you, get a newer version." I downloaded Win 7 from another PC and tried to burn it with our MAC, it said "Fuck you, no." I put it on my brothers PC so I could see it from my laptop and burned it from there. That worked. I installed it and didn't have enough memory. I swapped my 512 MB for 2 Gb. I installed again and it got fucked up some how. I installed it yet again and it booted into a black desktop. The internet told me this was because I had two monitors. I disconnected one and it worked. (Couldn't reconnect the second and get dual monitors :( ). So I finally got Win 7 to work. Then I got Steam. Then I tried to install HL:Ep2 and I don't have enough disk space. Fuck.

Apparently Matt Bortolino, at least shacknews says so, and when I google mbortolino I get his name. It's weird and amazing at the same time. Weird because it seems you would need a good deal of knowledge to make this mod alone, and his name doesn't come up on any forum asking question/ or for help. I did find his post on interlopers http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewto ... 95b0de7b2d