• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw it, looks and sounds absolutely spectacular (deliberately haven't heard the soundtrack until I saw the movie, and it's pretty amazing), but the overall story and plot fell quite flat and the pacing in the last half is pretty rough. Still a great ride, just don't expect miracles ;)

So its on par with the first one. Spectacular! :) Can't wait.

I have been listening to the soundtrack everyday at work for the past week; not even bored of it. One of the most amazing soundtracks ever made in my opinion. Its great working music, especially the faster paced tracks.

Just saw it, looks and sounds absolutely spectacular (deliberately haven't heard the soundtrack until I saw the movie, and it's pretty amazing), but the overall story and plot fell quite flat and the pacing in the last half is pretty rough. Still a great ride, just don't expect miracles ;)

So its on par with the first one. Spectacular! :) Can't wait.

I have been listening to the soundtrack everyday at work for the past week; not even bored of it. One of the most amazing soundtracks ever made in my opinion. Its great working music, especially the faster paced tracks.

Indeed, I can't remember the last time a soundtrack did as much for a movie as it did with Tron Legacy. Also love that you'd expect it to be all very regular Daft Punk, but the orchestral score infused with their sound is just brilliant. Really can't say too much good about it.

Oh and the 3D was pretty plain. I read that this was one movie you simply had to watch in 3D, and although I wouldn't say that it hurt it then it was actually fairly hard to spot it most of the time, which might be a good thing. Just hate how those glasses gnaw on my nose :)

As a lifelong TRON fan, I loved TRON Legacy. Everything was very faithful and it was a fun ride and fun to watch. Sure, the criticism that the story is nothing special is completely valid, but so was the story from the original TRON, but it's still a great experience. Don't even bother with the 3D bullshit. It added absolutely nothing and most of the time I didn't even notice it.