Max Payne 3

D3ads

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got to the favela level and was completely blown away. That has got to be one of the most impressive bits of environment art I have ever seen in my life. All the nuances, the small details, I don't think brazilians would be able to represent Brazil better than Rockstar. Every small corner has a purpose and thought was put into it. For example glass shards on top of walls (a cheap way to prevent people from breaking into your house). That shit screams suburban Brazil. The funk party (weird parties usually held in favelas with explicit music:

), the cellulite on the whores etc...

It makes me happy to see so much thought and research going into a videogame. Rockstars are masters at this.

<3 this song, can't think of something better to represent a favela!

my kid barfed at 9 am today, exactly 1 hour before her birthday party, thereby cancelling said birthday party...leading to a long day of family stomach flu chain booting and migraine headaches. To celebrate, I generated the following incredibly lame Boromir meme to fit the thread. Enjoy.

23518198.jpg

Now time to go back to cuddling the toilet as I retch up some more bile. gg

• 2 months later...

Bit of a bump, but I think this game deserves it!

Played through it this week, and had a BLAST! Exactly a up-my-alley kind of game. It has some rough edges, gameplay is not as dynamic and fluid as MP1 and 2, too much cover gameplay for my taste, and the controlls are very stiff, but fuck me I had a blast!

Also, the environment art is second to none, I specially loved playing in the

favelas

!