• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Official' story (AKA Only word we heard) was from Chet was that they were "testing the rc" and if it "encounters no issues it will ship today". This of course was the day after L4D2 released and... I still don't see it. :v

Using something internally and releasing it to the public are very different though. The SDk, when released, for L4D was pretty damn good, it just worked and had loads of stuff to make it easier to ship custom campaigns. I'm sure this won't be different. Surely people should be enjoying the game rather than instantly building new maps :P you could build in L4D SDk if you really nedded, to, the shit will be compatible.

'Official' story (AKA Only word we heard) was from Chet was that they were "testing the rc" and if it "encounters no issues it will ship today". This of course was the day after L4D2 released and... I still don't see it. :v

Using something internally and releasing it to the public are very different though. The SDk, when released, for L4D was pretty damn good, it just worked and had loads of stuff to make it easier to ship custom campaigns. I'm sure this won't be different. Surely people should be enjoying the game rather than instantly building new maps :P you could build in L4D SDk if you really nedded, to, the shit will be compatible.

Doesn't mean we don't wan to poke around the content without extracting it all from the VPKs... or poke in the maps. They changed the BSP format and broke the decompiler so we can only hope they give us all of the map sources like last time.

And yeah I think with L4D1 they tried to make a push to make it more user friendly and get more people involved. Sure the tools didn't change to be more user friendly, but they created entire documentation to cover how to do all of the things... Crescendos, Nav meshes, finales, etc.

It's really difficult to get a good server right now, plus they've removed the sound you used to hear if it was starting up a local server. We just started up about 20 versus games tonight and half of them resulted in a local server being used (1500 ping + instant quits from all concerned). There's nothing like starting up a level (takes a few minutes) only to find it's a local server, then repeat the process another 10 times before you get something non-shit.

Hopefully once the post-rush settles down there'll be better servers, but this is like early L4D days all over again if you ask me. The lobby system was and still is not good enough.

Is there some command for nudging myself out of geometry? A charger has planted me inside it twice now.

yeah shit sucks, there is some bug where you can get stuck in in the same position if the charger gets killed at a certain time, i have seen it a couple of times. i don't think it's actually pushing you into a wall - but if you open up your console (enable it in options -> keyboard) and type:

sv_cheats 1

noclip

and move yourself, then just type noclip to turn it off and you should be good.