Crysis 2

Seldoon182

Well, I have heard that EA have removed Crysis 2 from steam because steam have proposed some business plan that was not compatible with Crysis 2.

It's linked to the new announcement of Steam which allow now micro transactions in game ?

Well, I don't know, but this story is strange. It smell conspiracy !

Steam's microtransaction system is the same system that's been in place for ages for TF2 hat purchases. It's been part of the system since long before Crysis 2's release. You read some bull, dawg.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I can share the few infos we got at crytek, so I won't, but Froyok doesn't seem too far from the truth, except micro-transactions aren't the problem :ninja: Hopefully it'll be back on steam when valve and crytek figure out a way to be friends again

Well, I have heard that EA have removed Crysis 2 from steam because steam have proposed some business plan that was not compatible with Crysis 2.

It's linked to the new announcement of Steam which allow now micro transactions in game ?

Wouldn't surprise me. We might be witnessing the beginning of the fall of Steam now with F2P games and micro-transactions :(

lolwut

Steam made almost $1 billion last year. I think it might be a bit early for the canary test at this point.

Well the day Zynga starts porting their crap to Steam will be the day I lose all respect for Valve. I really hope that never happens.

Huh? Where did you get that idea from?

Huh? Why wouldn't they? It's a huge platform with millions of clients, why wouldn't they want to bring their shit to steam? It wouldn't hurt their facebook crap one bit.

..because it's browser based and zynga does not need an unnecessary expense (such as steam) when they can get users directly from any browser.

I don't know if I can share the few infos we got at crytek, so I won't, but Froyok doesn't seem too far from the truth, except micro-transactions aren't the problem :ninja: Hopefully it'll be back on steam when valve and crytek figure out a way to be friends again

Crytek doesn't control jack shit about its distribution, it's all EA. EA controls everything business wise with the Crysis franchise.

Well ok, replace "crytek" with "EA" in my post then :v

Not so fast: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... from-steam

"It's unfortunate that Steam has removed Crysis 2 from their service. This was not an EA decision or the result of any action by EA," reads a statement made to GamesIndustry.biz.

"Steam has imposed a set of business terms for developers hoping to sell content on that service - many of which are not imposed by other online game services. Unfortunately, Crytek has an agreement with another download service which violates the new rules from Steam and resulted in its expulsion of Crysis 2 from Steam."

Wouldn't surprise me. We might be witnessing the beginning of the fall of Steam now with F2P games and micro-transactions :(

lolwut

Steam made almost $1 billion last year. I think it might be a bit early for the canary test at this point.

Well the day Zynga starts porting their crap to Steam will be the day I lose all respect for Valve. I really hope that never happens.

Huh? Why wouldn't they? It's a huge platform with millions of clients, why wouldn't they want to bring their shit to steam? It wouldn't hurt their facebook crap one bit.

..because it's browser based and zynga does not need an unnecessary expense (such as steam) when they can get users directly from any browser.

Who in this industry has more money to burn than Zynga? Don't forget that Steam already has an integrated web browser... Anyway, I really hope I'm just being paranoid and nothing of this ever happens.

lolwut

Who in this industry has more money to burn than Zynga? Don't forget that Steam already has an integrated web browser... Anyway, I really hope I'm just being paranoid and nothing of this ever happens.

it would be an investment that wouldn't pay off for them. so, no, it's not going to happen.

lolwut

it would be an investment that wouldn't pay off for them. so, no, it's not going to happen.

Do you work as an analyst for Zynga? Because otherwise you are not changing my opinion.

And Zynga wouldn't need to pay anything to use that integrated browser, any more than any other website needs to "pay" valve to use that browser. The only they'd theoretically gain from a Steam deal would be the advertisement of being on the steam store front page, which would have questionable value (how much of Farmville's potential market is really playing full PC games on Steam and doesn't yet use facebook?), and would make the anti-casual crowd rage and hoot and holler.