Sign in to follow this  
Seldoon182

Crysis 2

Stealth -> Run behind -> Armour -> Cover back in C4 -> Stealth -> Run Away -> Detonate

Then you'll have your C4 restocked within minutes if you explore properly.

Finished this the other day, ending was a bit of a let-down.

Not story wise, but why cant things be more interactive than just pushing buttons to make your character crawl?

Overall I did actually enjoy this game after I got over the initial shock of the jump between it and Crysis 1. It does also unquestionably get better once you get to the aliens.

The interactive cutscene I hated the most was when the bridge

exploded

, because it cut from gameplay to EPIC SCRIPTED RUNNING AND JUMPING and I was like "oh cool, the game plays itself now, ill have a drink of water", then at the end of this epic marathon the game gave me a 5 second window to press F to HOLD ON, which I didn't since I was busy drinking water, so I fell to my death, then got to replay the entire bridge sequence. That's when my super-abuse of invisible-mode started.

exploded

, because it cut from gameplay to EPIC SCRIPTED RUNNING AND JUMPING and I was like "oh cool, the game plays itself now, ill have a drink of water", then at the end of this epic marathon the game gave me a 5 second window to press F to HOLD ON, which I didn't since I was busy drinking water, so I fell to my death, then got to replay the entire bridge sequence. That's when my super-abuse of invisible-mode started.

lol the exact same thing, down to the drinking water part, happened to me last night :P

exploded

lol the exact same thing, down to the drinking water part, happened to me last night :P

Thirded, though I wasn't doing anything, just sat back for a moment while I figured it was doing it's own thing :)

I disliked each and every one of those sequences. Why do game designers find them necessary to include in a game? It takes control away from you but still expects you to pay attention and do something. That completely defeats the point. I remember saying to myself on the bridge section: Why do I have to watch this silly sequence? Why couldn't I have been in control the whole time running through a collapsing bridge? Fucking consoles.

Why couldn't I have been in control the whole time running through a collapsing bridge? Fucking consoles.

What does that have to do with consoles?? It's just an effect of someone writing such an AWESOME sequence of events in the story.txt file that it's impossible for the player to successfully perform it, therefore the best decision is to make the game take control so the player is sure to fully appreciate the amount of explosives and smoke particles on the screen. It's not a console problem, just a bad design decision :neutral:

Why couldn't I have been in control the whole time running through a collapsing bridge? Fucking consoles.

What does that have to do with consoles?? It's just an effect of someone writing such an AWESOME sequence of events in the story.txt file that it's impossible for the player to successfully perform it, therefore the best decision is to make the game take control so the player is sure to fully appreciate the amount of explosives and smoke particles on the screen. It's not a console problem, just a bad design decision :neutral:

fucking consoles!!

Yeah I'm really annoyed with those parts as well, it completely takes you out of the game, so unnecessary. I really don't get the point of so much scripted stuff, it's all very forgettable and generally annoying, and it really looks like a lot of the budget went into that :(.

Yeah I'm really annoyed with those parts as well, it completely takes you out of the game, so unnecessary. I really don't get the point of so much scripted stuff, it's all very forgettable and generally annoying, and it really looks like a lot of the budget went into that :(.

Looks as though it wasnt very forgettable when so many people are bringing it up in here :P

well ofc there's a lot of work going in these scenes but we have some very good technical artists who really create some cool moments. if it's a qte in the end is obviously decided by some one else...