Sign in to follow this  
Seldoon182

Crysis 2

my dad is having trouble playing crysis 2 because he doesn't have a huge TV, so he can't see the text on screen, and doesn't know what to do.

GG Crytek >:L

Do you mean huge or do you actually mean HD? Cos that´s 2 different things. I remember back in the day that I couldn´t read the text on screen when playing Dead Rising, then I hooked it up to my tiny computer screen and then I could see it.

Basically, get a cheap HDTV.

Or do you mean it´s actually just... really... really small, even on an HDTV? Cos then that sucks o.O

No excuse not to have a HDTV now. Only like 5% of the people still have old tv's.

If you spend 300€ on a console, 50€ on games, you should at least invest on a cheap HDTV.

ahaha HP that's just so wrong man.... I don't know what the figures are like today, but in christmas 09 the most common size for a tv to play games on was still 32". Considering those could only ever be 720p, it's just poor design to not provide for a text upscale if you don't have a 1080p....

":3jeh2b72]No excuse not to have a HDTV now. Only like 5% of the people still have old tv's.

If you spend 300€ on a console, 50€ on games, you should at least invest on a cheap HDTV.

I spend neither 300 (that symbol) on consoles nor 50 (symbol) on games. I have but a PS2 and Wii as far as consoles go, and only SDTVs in my house. All of my HD stuff is on my nice PC monitor. Feels good, man :v

":1gvsmatj]No excuse not to have a HDTV now. Only like 5% of the people still have old tv's.

That's bullshit Pint0! A lot of people still play on tube tvs.

It's sad when developers neglect old school tube screens. I had a 34" tube TV when I played Mass Effect 2, I could barely read anything on screen. Not counting that the game had only widescreen output.

@Peris: haha that's one of the levels that I strolled through using cloak. I tried to fight the grunts twice but there were so many of them that I just gave up and decided to "skip" this area altogether.

To be honest the whole HDTV issue was resolved by most developers within the first year of this generation starting: games should still be perfectly playable and understandable regardless of resolution and screen size (within sensible limits). It's not that hard to scale GUI elements and stuff according to resolution, PC games have been doing it for decades. And if no such resolution info is available, plan for the worst and make sure everything is readable on a small SD display.

Really no excuse for it nowadays. :| HDTVs might be practically ubiquitous in the US and UK, but shitty-ass displays continue to be widely used elsewhere around the world.