Sign in to follow this  
Seldoon182

Crysis 2

Just so you know: almost everyone is reporting the same thing, that the ground is black on that map. On my system, the ground is black and everything else is full bright. Kind of annoying...

Typical ... I went to play that map right now and it had no bugs to take pics off. It's like it reads my mind! You win this time, science....

Still on the "why experimentation is important for me" subject: I don't think I'd have enjoyed Max Payne as much as I did if it wasn't for experimentation. I'd usually quick save the game just before an important moment and replay it multiple times until I was satisfied with my performance. Being able to retry the same part using different tricks and seeing what worked and what didn't made the game a lot more enjoyable for me.

Another thing that I enjoyed so much was quicksaving the game just before jumping off rooftops. How i love getting killed that way in games :)

It's a pity that with all the awesome nanosuit powers and relatively open spaces in Crysis 2 you don't have the ability to do this :(

It's a pity that with all the awesome nanosuit powers

lol, there are 2, play stealth or not.

I finished the game, was pretty underwelmed by the end.

(I was expecting a giant boss fight like the first Crysis or something like the walker in Halo 3 to break up the gameplay or maybe some story about the seth. There wasnt even any explination to what the hell the tenticle things even are, heh.

Fought a total of 4 diffferent enimies the entire game, same encouter after another. Level design and locations were great. The ability to restart from checkpoint without having to kill yourself would have been nice. The vehicle gameplay/rail shooter stuff was awesome. Overall it was a good game though.

It's a pity that with all the awesome nanosuit powers and relatively open spaces in Crysis 2 you don't have the ability to do this :(

yeah I think you nailed it. I find myself playing really carefully and not trying to much crazy stuff because I'm afraid of dying and have to play a whole section from the beginning again :(.

The game is getting pretty fun fighting the aliens now, I almost gave up on it in the first 3 hours but I'm glad I didnt :).

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1159830p2.html

final comment:

The nanosuit and big environments in Crysis 2 encourage gameplay experimentation, which is great.

...placing checkpoints 20 minutes apart...is poor design.”

However, placing checkpoints 20 minutes apart, particularly toward the end of the game after several rough gunfights in succession, is poor design. It's punishing the play that Crytek has built Crysis 2 around. It's self defeating.

he does have a point, pity we don't have quicksaves i guess :(

The criticism seems to point towards auto-saving not being handled particularly well rather than anything else, which just makes the lack of quick-save that bit more conspicuous. I'd imagine if the auto-saving were more frequent and intelligent people would be far less ticked off, and I'd hope Crytek considers a patch that steps up the frequency of checkpoints. Ideally before I play it. :-D

Seems kind of funny that this all kicks off like a week after you were ripping into STALKER for not handling auto-save very well Rick. :cool: Though obviously I doubt you were much involved with how Crysis 2's auto-save was handled.

Unless you were... :interseting:

Had another thought about quicksaving actually: I just wish at least you could manually save autosaves for later, like in Alpha Protocol. You could save any time in that game, but all that would do was take your last auto-save checkpoint and stash it away instead of overwriting it next time you hit another checkpoint. That let you return to points on command, without getting into that technical shit above my head about why quicksaves are hard. :v

Of course Alpha Protocol was a broken enough game that still only having autosaves for checkpoints it'd get broken by saving/loading... :|