Sign in to follow this  
Seldoon182

Crysis 2

":1sgw8e4b]Well yeah, I'm not going to lie, I still do prefer the old one better. Looked more athletic and realistic for some reason, where the new one looks more like a walking tank.

But if you think about it, there's a guy inside that suit, so it has to be wider than normal human body proportions. Look at the old one, and imagine how skinny the guy inside should be. But yeah, in the end of the day what matters is what you see, not the technical stuff. :roll:

t50o77.jpg

2z812m9.jpg

Oh yeah, the 1st one visually works a lot better

Right now, looking at that image a second time, I'm actually trying to imagine a guy in the second suit holding a rifle with both hands, and I can't. It's just physically too bulky to support the pose. It doesn't help that the black/grey parts of the second suit look like hardened inflexible plastic, while on the first suit it looks like flexible rubber.

whoaa thats too awesome!!

EDIT: i should mention that i also dislike the gaps between the monitors, and the monitor setup at all, one is enough, but what you can see on those monitors.. old one, yeh, but awesome!

the gabs bneetween the monitors are totaly unacceptable and the fact that it doesnt extend to the top or bottom either is pretty epic fail ill never get a setup liek this i am just fine with one monitor

(waits for a cyber punk jack in the head so that we can directly stimulate the visual cortex... and stop beating around the bush like this ! )

the gabs bneetween the monitors are totaly unacceptable and the fact that it doesnt extend to the top or bottom either is pretty epic fail ill never get a setup liek this i am just fine with one monitor

(waits for a cyber punk jack in the head so that we can directly stimulate the visual cortex... and stop beating around the bush like this ! )

I totally agree :)

TLDR

Is it still jungle? I'd love to see Crytek trying something outside their comfort zone, its starting to get a little bit ridiculous with the jungles, even if they do look amazing.

I think that comment is a little unfair. Both games pushed the boundries of their platforms in terms of visuals, sounds, and the sandbox style of gameplay.

I don't think I've seen a game that matches the visual fidelity of Crysis, and that game is 2 years old.

And they only made 2 games (Farcry and Crysis - Warhead is simply an expansion on the original Crysis with very little "new" content).

TLDR

Is it still jungle? I'd love to see Crytek trying something outside their comfort zone, its starting to get a little bit ridiculous with the jungles, even if they do look amazing.

I think that comment is a little unfair. Both games pushed the boundries of their platforms in terms of visuals, sounds, and the sandbox style of gameplay.

I don't think I've seen a game that matches the visual fidelity of Crysis, and that game is 2 years old.

And they only made 2 games (Farcry and Crysis - Warhead is simply an expansion on the original Crysis with very little "new" content).

Heh okay, I just think it'd be more interesting to see them tackle something completely different since they obviously nailed tropical jungles. Wouldn't surprise me that a lot of folks at Crytek have felt the same way, at least based on stuff such as this: http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?optio ... 5&Itemid=1 (The art from that fantasy setting looks absolutely amazing btw)

Anyway, the idea of doing an urban environment sounds cool, can't wait to see how amazing it'll look ;)