Heavy Rain

Mazy

...though the the lip sync could use work (oh...nm...it's a video game so I should be forgiving).

Not so fast, my friend!

When we showed The Casting everyone agreed it was nice and it really showed that there was a potential for creating virtual actors, but we're still at this frontier where we don't totally suspend disbelief. We still have this uncanny valley to bridge. But today, I can officially announce that there is no uncanny valley any more, not in real-time.

http://kotaku.com/335065/heavy-rain-dev ... nny-valley

:celebrate:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... rain/61847

I never really understood what the whole game was about until now and I must say this is such a great idea, it's not gonna appeal to everyone but this is definately the most original concept for a game since Mirror's Edge (if not ever.. in fact!) plus it looks absolutely amazing.

Uncharted 1&2, Siren: Blood Curse, MGS4, Killzone 2, God Of War III and now Heavy Rain... several very good reasons to own a PS3! (although let's face it, MGS4 is worth the purchase of a PS3 alone!)

(although let's face it, MGS4 is worth the purchase of a PS3 alone!)

I'm through most of Act 3 so far, and I definitely wouldn't go that far. Hideo Kojima crossed the line between genius and insanity with MGS4. :lol:

I really enjoyed the Heavy Rain demo. I normally abhor QTE gameplay, but they threw in enough variation on it to make it interesting. The hill climbing part was surprisingly impressive. I'm tempted to fire up the demo and see what happens if I fail the hotel room fight though.

eh eh, indeed! :) I bought my PS3 just for that game alone, but fortunately there's a few more awesome titles for it. What a fucking awesome console, xbox don't stand a change in terms of quality.

Heavy Rain apears to be a fantastic game / interactive movie! :) Every ps3 owner should get this.

I think the MGS series is one of the most overrated series of games ever created. Well marketed and hyped, but pretty meh to me. Got my PS3 for other reasons!

I have such a backlog of games on my PS3 to get through now, done R6V2, LBP at least. That just leaves KZ2, Pure, AC1, GTA4, R:FoM....

Anyone else playing it? I'm pretty floored by some of the action scenes in this game, can't remember being this carried away by a game in....well, it's pretty fucking intense sometimes :D

Then it gets pretty damn dull at other times when you're doing insignificant actions, but overall I'm really enjoying it, not done yet. Gonna be very interesting to go through a second time too.

Played it for about an hour. Loved what I played. Gameplay and mood are very much Indigo Prophecy, which is awesome. My only complaint is the voice acting is terrible, which really hurts some scenes.

Also, my game likes to glitch out on me. In one scene, the character I was talking to got stuck in a loop and just kept warping back and forth from one spot of the room to the other, but everything else didn't realize this, so the camera and props she interacted with kept doing what they should have been doing while the character model glitched back and forth. It's really hard to be immersed in a game when you're talking to air and a floating cigarette :lol:

Gonna put off playing it for a few weeks until a few patches roll out.

Just finished it, don't know if I'm overly sensitive and this will spoil everything but this game probably has one of the best

plot twists I've seen to date in a game. Really didn't see it coming at all.

I definitely recommend everybody that has a PS3 to check it out. Even if you think the premise of an entire game based on QTE is slightly dumb then I'm sure it'll win you over, did with me anyway.

Given it a quick go and first impressions are very good. The demo was cool but didn't really win me over as it was mostly a demonstration of technology, whereas in the full game I've only been introduced to one character and the first major thing that happens to him, yet I'm already completely invested in his story and found it hard to stop playing. The whole opening sequence is pretty powerful too.

The gameplay can hardly be considered taxing, yet it's somehow completely engaging — even when the action scene consists of little more than frantically checking your pockets or walking through a crowd.

• 4 weeks later...