Sign in to follow this  
Minos

Mass Effect 2

I beat ME1 on the xbox last night to have a proper save. Because I was aiming for the Liara and Tali achievements I played with both the entire game but I didn't get any of the achivements when I beat the game :???::???::???: I even did all the sidequests (except for the gases and metals one of course)

Tali and liara are the hardest. You need to literally NOT DO ANY ASSIGNMENTS OR MISSIONS until you have them both in your party if you want to get the achievements. It's gotten a BIT easier after the DLC, but it's still a bitch. I needed the material gathering to get them.

I beat ME1 on the xbox last night to have a proper save. Because I was aiming for the Liara and Tali achievements I played with both the entire game but I didn't get any of the achivements when I beat the game :???::???::???: I even did all the sidequests (except for the gases and metals one of course)

Tali and liara are the hardest. You need to literally NOT DO ANY ASSIGNMENTS OR MISSIONS until you have them both in your party if you want to get the achievements. It's gotten a BIT easier after the DLC, but it's still a bitch. I needed the material gathering to get them.

That sucks. My oldest save is halfway through Ilos... I can't go back to the Normandy and try anything else. Screw it then :P

Dammed this game is good. And apparently it sold over 2 million, which is great. So many games I like sell like shit. This is probably the Mirror's Edge of this year for me.

The things I disliked was the no saving during combat, no skipping cut scene's, it loads the whole level when you reload even if it is not necessary, and that there is no clear indicator if something will progress the story, I do not like miss out on stuff because I randomly chose the main route before going to the side route and stealing everything in a room.

The graphical improvements are especially apparent, from an artistic as well as technical point of view. Far more really different and beautiful locations. Also the game had much more focus on quality story driven missions instead of random gimmicky side quests.

Just beat it.

Amazing game, easily GOTY if something more awesome does not come out.

Agreed. After finishing it I was stuck in a trance for about 10 minutes; frozen by awesomeness. Easily one of the best games I've ever played (sans scanning mini-game :fist: ). Dammit, now we gotta wait another 2 years for the conclusion.

Played it for like 14 hours on Saturday alone, had a massive headache from playing so much on Monday, long time since I had it like that. Not done yet, but I can definitely feel it winding towards the end, gonna try and do everything I can before I get forced to move on.

Its funny, even though the general combat is probably the single aspect of the game that has been improved the most over the last, and its actually pretty decent fun when playing on the harder difficulties, then I always find myself wanting to get back to the "adventure" part of the game with conversation trees and such, its still by far the most interesting portion of the game for me. Maybe its also because I'm playing as a Soldier that I'm not experiencing that much combat variation, but I started out as a Vanguard and really didn't like the way it played, so I figured I couldn't go too wrong with a plain soldier.

I've come across a lot of cover and pathfinder bugs too, but I guess its alright considering the scope of the game. Their environment art is pretty uneven too, starting to get kinda tired of generic warehouses, plus there's a good bunch of areas that seem just slightly above mockup. It's probably the contrast that makes it stand out, since there's some absolutely gorgeous vistas and hub worlds (Illium and Omega spring to mind), plus the characters are pretty spectacular. But again, considering their scope then it's fair enough.

Overall its really good tho, really enjoying the story, the characters. Got Miranda all lined up for some sexy time :mario:. And for once in one of these alignment games I've started playing an evil character and have actually stuck with it. My Shepard is all scarred and shit :D. Really a bummer that I couldn't get my ME1 save games working tho, since it seems like the ME1 choices the game takes are almost all the exactly opposite of what I did on my main playthrough :)