• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah! One of my colleagues found a store that was selling it early (Doesn't come out until Thursday here), and got a copy for himself. After learning about it I rushed over there, only to find that they got a bit wiser and knew they weren't allowed to sell it until Thursday.

Bob Saget :(

59-60 is a HUGE jump, getting 60 by the end of a 2nd playthrough is going to be pretty difficult if not impossible. I'm probably going to go try an insanity playthrough at some point to wrap that up, still have 100k XP to go or so.

Yeah but I think it can be done... hope so at least :S But yeah gotta do every damn side mission there is anyway.

Also what did I miss, because as far as levels are concerned you start over, so what do you get if you had lv 60 in the original.

I read an interview today in a mag that said that there would be bonuses for people with the proper saves, for instance, one if you're over 50, one if you're over 60, etc. They didn't mention what these bonuses might be, but I'm guessing it's just something like a few more points to assign to your skills or an instant level-up, things like that. Dunno if there's been official statements on that, but I guess we'll know soon enough.

It couldn't see my level 60 character stuff from ME1 when I was trying to import a character, so I had to start from scratch :/

Plus I started as a Vanguard, played it for 3 hours and didn't really like how the combat felt with that class, went back and did a Soldier instead.

Did you use the Mass Effect Launcher to located your ME1 save directory before going ingame? :)

It couldn't see my level 60 character stuff from ME1 when I was trying to import a character, so I had to start from scratch :/

Plus I started as a Vanguard, played it for 3 hours and didn't really like how the combat felt with that class, went back and did a Soldier instead.

Did you use the Mass Effect Launcher to located your ME1 save directory before going ingame? :)

Wat?!

Edit: I'm playing it on the 360 btw :)

Wat?!

Edit: I'm playing it on the 360 btw :)

Ohh, right. Nevermind! :)

:mad::fist:

Seems like it's an issue caused by me having played the game on my old 360 and having transfered the profile to the new one apparently wasn't enough. It's somehow tied to the old one. Tried a bunch of things and it just won't work, and it seems like a lot of other people on the internets are having the same problem after having changed consoles in between.

Bah whatever, doesn't really sound like you get that much out of it anyway. A few levels gained from the get go plus a bunch of extra credits. Just sucks that there's finally a game that does something like this between games in the same series and then I can't get it working.

I beat ME1 on the xbox last night to have a proper save. Because I was aiming for the Liara and Tali achievements I played with both the entire game but I didn't get any of the achivements when I beat the game :???::???::???: I even did all the sidequests (except for the gases and metals one of course)

About 18 hours into ME2. Loving it. My only major complaint is scanning. Yeah it was awesome at first but it got really old really fucking fast. I much preferred the original way of doing it where you click a button and done. Sure it was not any form of gameplay or a mini-game, but it felt much more like a commander issuing and order, letting his crew carry out said order, and returning with the results. Why would the captain of the ship manage a tedious thing like planet scanning? I think they should have used the scanning mini-game for finding anomalies on planets (and just have smaller anomalies where not every single one means landing on the planet). It takes way too long to scan and too many probes to deplete the planet (I get like 3 planets max before I have to run back and buy more probes), although this could probably be alleviated by increasing the movement sensitivity of the scanner and having an upgrade for the Normandy that allows it to store more scanners (maybe there is and I haven't found it yet).

If the choice is either the Mako or the scanning mini-game, I'll take the Mako (but then again, I'm one of those rare folk who actually enjoyed the Mako gameplay from ME1). Sure the terrains were boring terragen and the controls were ass, but at least with the Mako it felt like you were out doing something.