Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

KungFuSquirrel

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones from Infinity Ward have always been very exciting and generally excellent — kind of like when a new Half-Life game comes out. Unless you just don't like FPS games, I can't see how a new Infinity Ward Call of Duty game wouldn't excite you a bit.

I've never been hyped about the miscellaneous Call of Duty titles like World at War, though.

Maybe it's just me, but i can't get any hype from a call of duty game :???: . In the end, we all know what we will be playing at : an extremely linear FPS.

Did you play COD4? :D

Usually I get easily annoyed with games that people are being just a bit too enthusiastic about, but COD4 was one of the biggest game changer the industry has seen in years, so I think its totally justified in this case. But then again, I'm mainly thinking about the MP, although the SP was excellent as well, imo ;)

I am very interested in seeing exactly what they'll be doing this time around to spice it up. I have a feeling that COD4 was also just a case of a game that came out at the exact right time and just had everything go right for it, so it'll be interesting to see if lightning can strike twice for IW.

I haven't played a COD game since COD2, which I didn't like as much as COD1 because it ends at a random point without any real climax or satisfaction and doesn't have anything quite as epic as COD1's Russian campaign intro. I will say though that COD2's pretty much the only game with health regen that felt right to me. Halo and its clones just feel fucked up with how they do it. It encourages you to camp between encounters, passively recharging health instead of actively finding a source of healing, with no "reward" for doing well in a fight, with "barely surviving" and "Killing everybody without a scratch" equating to the same result, and just way oversimplifies things. COD however had it work in a way that just felt natural, and it make the harder difficulties far less hair-pulling frustrating (Veteran in COD1 removes all health kit respawns and pretty much the minimum damage you can take from one bullet is 90%).

My computer wasn't leet enough to play COD4 when it came out. :(

I dunno \: i liked cod4 and i didnt at the same time.... Like i found it fun at times because of its "wow thats epic" moments but at the same time i had absolutely no replay value with it on my end.... way to linear and i felt the multiplayer just lacked epic moments that other fps's had \: ... Tbh i found myself playing crysis more than cod4 because crysis seems to have a replay value in terms of how i approach a situation.

I found its themes rather odd as well \: felt like a college guys game more than my type of thing.

And as for the multiplayer i guess its forgivable since sp and mp are 2 major tasks and having 2 in one game work is very hard. I guess thats why i liked bf2/dod(hl1) multiplayer... total focus on it.

Cod4 is the epitome of mainstream quality. You can hate it for beeing mainstream, but it got so popular for a reason: It's great.

I rarely, if ever get to finish a game these days, and cod4 made me stay the entire game through in one sitting, plus the multiplayer is on par with CS (im told, never play mp).

Cod4 is the epitome of mainstream quality. You can hate it for beeing mainstream, but it got so popular for a reason: It's great.

I rarely, if ever get to finish a game these days, and cod4 made me stay the entire game through in one sitting, plus the multiplayer is on par with CS (im told, never play mp).

cod4 had pretty short sp frankly. it was good but not great (although the stories combined were better than your run of the mill action movie). the multiplayer was undoubtedly the best part of the game, with the combined styles of game play (and that's also why it got most of its praise).

No COD4 spoilers please, I've just started the single-player campaign :P From what I've played so far, it is an excellent game, the intro was just jaw-dropping. I love how the load screens have the short information movies about the current situation giving you something to watch instead of just a pretty picture with a loading bar.

Anyhow.. Netherland architecture for the Russian parts?! I'm sure Pipryat was made using references from the ghost town itself...