Waterdrop drop shots

Blunkka

Hiho,

It's been a while since I've posted anything here so I thought it's time to share some images again. This is sort of a new area I've been experimenting with. Got lot's of useless photos on my cards but I guess the pieces are slowly starting to come together.

The first one is a couple months old. The rest is pretty recent stuff.

Setup:

Micro-Nikkor 60mm, 1/250 (max sync speed), varying between f20-f30, ISO 100

External flash with an A4 paper strapped with a rubberband around it to diffuse the light :D

Waterdrop01.jpg

Drop1.jpg

Drop2.jpg

Drop3.jpg

Drop4.jpg

Drop5.jpg

Setup:

External flash with an A4 paper strapped with a rubberband around it to diffuse the light :D

I'm amazed you could get such fast speeds with ISO100 :o

And great idea with the flash, I might try that sometime :D

Setup:

What? He is using an external flash, and when doing so, you always put it at ISO 100 because of the available light coming from the flash...

Setup:

What? He is using an external flash, and when doing so, you always put it at ISO 100 because of the available light coming from the flash...

Have you actually tried photographing water droplets in mid-air? Even with a lot of available light you need a very quick shutter timer.

Setup:

Have you actually tried photographing water droplets in mid-air? Even with a lot of available light you need a very quick shutter timer.

DVS you mistaked ISO for shutterspeed :)

Setup:

Not really, faster shutter speed = less light = higher iso or aperture required.

Not really, faster shutter speed = less light = higher iso or aperture required.

yes but higher ISO does not control speed like u stated is all. I know you know this, heh. The comment just sounded like ISO controls shutter speed.

Setup:

And my point was that the ISO should always be put to 100 when using external flash.

Also, quote pyramid