The Pacific

Thrik

Been in development for years, but it's finally set to come out either late this year or early next year and has a 'trailer' out.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/09/tra ... iniseries/

For those not familiar with it, it's essentially the spiritual sequel to the legendary Band of Brothers. It's based on another true story, will be comprised of 10 parts, is produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, has various key team members in common with Band of Brothers, has an epic budget for a TV series, and will presumably have Hollywood production values like Band of Brothers did.

You can call me wet with anticipation. :-D

It's not the official trailer BTW, and was more of a little feature on some Australian TV show a month or so because the series was filmed there. So the mention of Australia isn't really relevant — the programme will depict war between the Japanese and the US.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

While this will be great like BoB, why is it America again? there were other countries in the war ya'know that sacrificed just as much if not more for their country. Annoys me.

I agree, but i can see why two Americans would want to tell an American story. We need the same from one of our best directors. I am however looking forward to this, BoB was a great mix of drama and action.