DvS' photothread

DvS

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool shots and different from what we see usually :D

a few nitpicks: I wouldn't break the background, the line isn't completely straight and it takes the focus away too much. it could also help to move the background further away and what we do at product shootings is light the background from below and behind to further soften the shadows (or remove them completely) and have a smoother appearence for the background. On the lighting of the objects: Esp in the firt shot it seems you've lit the scene from the front directly, which is not bad, seeing you really want to focus on the egg but you should play around with a setup of multiple lights from different directions as it will most probably not only kill the very black shadows below the egg and below the hammers emboss but might actually help with the surface structure of the egg. while you might want the hammers material to really stand out it might compose better with the message of the scene if the egg's surface is smoother.

crappy photoshop with above mentioned things (apart from the lighting)

34ssavldphk.jpg

cool shots and different from what we see usually :D

a few nitpicks: I wouldn't break the background, the line isn't completely straight and it takes the focus away too much. it could also help to move the background further away and what we do at product shootings is light the background from below and behind to further soften the shadows (or remove them completely) and have a smoother appearence for the background. On the lighting of the objects: Esp in the firt shot it seems you've lit the scene from the front directly, which is not bad, seeing you really want to focus on the egg but you should play around with a setup of multiple lights from different directions as it will most probably not only kill the very black shadows below the egg and below the hammers emboss but might actually help with the surface structure of the egg. while you might want the hammers material to really stand out it might compose better with the message of the scene if the egg's surface is smoother.

Thanks a bunch for great critique dude :D

I tried a few of the things you mentioned and uploaded it here: http://d-v-s.deviantart.com/art/Which-c ... -116849882

I have a bunch of shots with different lighting, but what's unique about this set up is that my lighting setup sucks, I'm basically using a 15 sec shutter and moving the flashlight around in a circular pattern quite quickly meaning it's hard to get some of the spaces underneath the egg and stuff, but I really get what you mean with the comment.

Should've gone with a white egg and made the whole piece b/w tbh :D

Nice man! way to be creative, haha love it!

Thanks! :D

The reason it's black and white is because I backlit the scene with a high powered green laser that seemed too energetic for a "couch potato". Might fiddle with the contrast later.

Man, I love your work!! :v

The hammer-&-egg set is brilliant, funny and original! Congrats

I also love the potato one a lot :)

Do you know about Rodny Mella? He's a French designer known in the whole world, doing a lot of conceptual things a bit like yours. He has a website but it's presently off... I'll give you his web address as soon as the site is available ;)

Keep up the good work

Man, I love your work!! :v

The hammer-&-egg set is brilliant, funny and original! Congrats

I also love the potato one a lot :)

Do you know about Rodny Mella? He's a French designer known in the whole world, doing a lot of conceptual things a bit like yours. He has a website but it's presently off... I'll give you his web address as soon as the site is available ;)

Keep up the good work

Thank you :D

Moar:

24gt98w.jpg

2povzut.jpg

adg1u8.jpg