Sign in to follow this  
Minos

Scene from a Movie - Minotaur0

Did some more work last night. The entrance is more accurate now, and I threw in some lights to test the mood etc I also improved the readability on the lou´s tavern sign.

iteration12.jpg

I think my home monitor needs some adjustments... the lighting has cool contrast on it but it looks a bit washed out on my work monitor. How does it look for you?

Hey guys, another update!

I decided to take a dramatic decision and go with unique textures for the main building. I also added my own twist to it. I still need to do normals and speculars but I´ll leave that for later. Enjoy:

iteration15.jpg

(This is a max screengrab, some materials in this scene are placeholder e.g. the neon materials)

How do you get that neon glow effect in the engine?

It´s actually quite simple. I used a 100% white 16x16 texture for the diffuse and added a constant3vector as Emissive. You can set the color/intensity of the emission on the constant3vector properties.

I decided to take a dramatic decision and go with unique textures for the main building. I also added my own twist to it. I still need to do normals and speculars but I´ll leave that for later.

Looks like the right call! Looking forward to seeing this version lit up in the engine.