Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

Scene from a Movie - Aliens

Thanks guys! :) me and lee have been working our asses of every single day on this scene, dead line is the end of march, so that gives us 23 days! :| Man, it's gonna be close, i want this to be perfect!

Fortunately we got loads and loads of references for almost every single piece, you'd be amazed what you can still find about a 80's movie! :D We even found a "technical book about the aliens movie", it has blue prints, detailed information about the buildings, gadgets, weapons, vehicles, etc, etc. The special edition and bonus DVD (with the making of) has also been very useful!

Amazingly, I received some e-mails of people asking me to make a mod out of this, or a playable level! :lol: Well, we'll see, first things first, and that is, finishing this exterior scene before the end of the month!

Seldoon182, no Blu-Ray yet, but I read some rumors on the Internets that a trilogy blu-ray pack might be released this year!

This is the DVD 9-disc pack I have, and love! <3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Quadrilog ... 250&sr=8-1

Yeah, 23 days and counting.....but what makes it harder for me is that I'm moving to Austin, TX to start my new job at Bioware at the end of the month. So, I'll be juggling moving, packing, and the competition. I wonder if the competition will get an extension :D

Thanks [HP]! Unfortunatly I'll not purchase the dvd I would rather something that fit with my Ps3/Full HD TV. :( Hope those rumors will come true!

I also wish you good luck compared to that deadline! You'll have to make choice between the final you want and the elapsed time.

":jj07nixo]Amazingly, I received some e-mails of people asking me to make a mod out of this, or a playable level! :lol: Well, we'll see, first things first, and that is, finishing this exterior scene before the end of the month!

I cumed!

Finished modeling the center piece of the scene, NorthLock

NorthLock.jpg

and what it looks in Crysis with the other models

NorthLockCrysis.jpg

4:20am, time to pass out. texturing starts tomorrow

End of month. Looks strong and I'm such a big fan of those movies. Does it exist in Blu-Ray!?

rofl, getting it now

:celebrate::fist:

Seems like a slow download. Progress bar isn't moving :shock:

Today I spent a few time unwrapping some of the models, and I also messed with the style of the scene a bit. changing the fog color, moon color, contrast, etc.

Here's my first attempt:

(I know it looks weird having only a single textured prop in there, but try and ignore it and just appreciate the "style" and "mood" of the shots.)

fkqtdt.jpg

15rjskp.jpg

Really cool work guys. Lighting needs to be darker though. I'll assume you know that, though.

Not really dux, this scene is actually pretty well lit.

movie3.jpg

Plus, if we make it way too dark, some of our work (geometry + textures) vanishes in the darkness! :(

It was always dark, it was just the big flood lights and stuff on buildingsmaking that scene bright. What I meant is your env light is bright with no surrounding lights doing the lighting like in the film. :)

Looks amazing! My only advice would be dont use the horrid DOF. The fog should do a sufficient job of seperating the foreground from the back and also making it brighter just takes away from the original atmosphere. increase the brightness of the fog instead and use some bright spotlights as mentioned before

Once you get all the specular in it should also hopefully distinguish shapes better. I agree with the lighting comments, looking really good :D.

The dof is over the top, but I think a very small amount of dof can be good to make a dense atmosphere come to life. Even irl, a dense fog will give distant silhouettes fuzzy edges and a static distance dof can simulate that effect aslong as it isn't overdone.