Sign in to follow this  
JynxDaddy

Time for things to change.

I often think people should try actually reading and assorbing mapcore's current slogon.

A GAME DESIGN COMMUNITY.

Lets get serious people. EOT's there so people don't explode and gib into little pieces from keeping it in. The rest of mapcore, should maintain a professional and serious approach to game design, which I think, it's slowly loosing. I'm checking the WIP Level Gallery less and less nowdays.

- Ewok

The rest of mapcore, should maintain a professional and serious approach to game design, which I think, it's slowly loosing. I'm checking the WIP Level Gallery less and less nowdays.

and posting in, even less.

You can't complain people are putting less stuff out if you, yourself are not at all. The truth of the matter is a large number of us are doing stuff in our free time and you'll see it when you see it.

I would like to see some big write ups on the Design aspect of mapping, because its relevant to everyone (if not why are you here).

And I would like to read it :)

Here's a write-up for you:

"Design is law."

Then again, look where that got Romero. :oops:

plz...SA forums? We have a unique community here focused on game design. don't lose the focus. especially not now.

i can't believe this idea was even suggested, but then again, it shouldn't be a shock.

I would like to see some big write ups on the Design aspect of mapping, because its relevant to everyone (if not why are you here).

And I would like to read it :)

I agree that articles would be cool.

now that HL2 is on the roll, and since we have som pretty valuable resources here (Zaphod etc), i think we should manage to spit out some good tutorials...

like, us normal people can write, just get pro help from the 1337ers...

tuts = best!!!1

Well I disagree with the thread. I think Mapcore does indeed need a change, but away from the stupid and pointless posts and towards focused critique on artworks and a more mature community that attracts newcomers instead of scaring them away D:

Well I disagree with the thread. I think Mapcore does indeed need a change, but away from the stupid and pointless posts and towards focused critique on artworks and a more mature community that attracts newcomers instead of scaring them away D:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!