Satyre's photos thread

Satyre

No buddy, I've sent you the 0EV exposed shot.

I picked up with my camera the shadows brightness to have the best luminosity in the whole HDR picture. And I can avoid so any kind of noise after post processing.

Well, I'm going to upload the 3 shots and then I pass them on to you.

Sorry Seir, but I prefer the HDR one...

On your version, the sky is overexposed and colors are dull

Here's is the no-retouching version (+1EV). You could do the difference between colors of my HDR version and standard colors

mini_090329074553759073.jpg

They are almost the same... only shadows and highlights are improved to have a dynamic photo. That said, I admit I saturated colors a little bit in photoshop.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No buddy, I've sent you the 0EV exposed shot.

I picked up with my camera the shadows brightness to have the best luminosity in the whole HDR picture. And I can avoid so any kind of noise after post processing.

Well, I'm going to upload the 3 shots and then I pass them on to you.

Sorry Seir, but I prefer the HDR one...

On your version, the sky is overexposed and colors are dull

Here's is the no-retouching version (+1EV). You could do the difference between colors of my HDR version and standard colors

mini_090329074553759073.jpg

They are almost the same... only shadows and highlights are improved to have a dynamic photo. That said, I admit I saturated colors a little bit in photoshop.

Well if thats the 0ev in a bracketed version, they are all overexposed. Thats not me making fun of your work, its just fact, the image you sent me was overexposed. I am going to edit the darkest one you sent me, which is also the most properly exposed one (IMG_5731) and see what I can do with it. :)

Oh and I dont know why you think Seir did anything other than edit the colors in your image he posted. Its still HDR, and the only thing he did was remove some of the unnecessary (and actually quite odd) colors that HDR can create if not done perfectly. The sky is also the same, I dont know what you are talking about in that comment. And last thing, not all good images are really saturated. (I didnt know this for a while) so just because some colors are desaturated doesnt mean its "dull". Dull implies a lack of contrast, and his edit is far from lacking contrast.

Now, while I dont hate your work, and some of its pretty good, you rely WAY too much on techniques (HDR) than you do composition, capture of light, and subject matter. And honestly, thats backwards! :P

Anywhoo, in terms of what I came up with in photoshop, it wasnt really all that interesting. The photo itself is boring, and the colors are rather weird. (dont take this the wrong way)

But in the end, try to focus more on composition, subject matter, and quality of light. Because without those three things, you dont have an image :zoidberg:

Remember, Im not here to be a jerk (im not FFPMONE) im here to help. And I dont sugar coat my posts.

Well if thats the 0ev in a bracketed version, they are all overexposed. Thats not me making fun of your work, its just fact, the image you sent me was overexposed. I am going to edit the darkest one you sent me, which is also the most properly exposed one (IMG_5731) and see what I can do with it. :)

Yea, but as I said before, when I intend to do HDR, I pick up the dark brightness. Up to now, I’ve noticed that the result is better (for HDR only, of course).

When I do "classic shot", I get an exposure working well with shadows and highlights.

But I admit it’ll be hard for you to try something with those shots I sent you :P. They’re only planned for HDR.

Oh and I dont know why you think Seir did anything other than edit the colors in your image he posted. Its still HDR, and the only thing he did was remove some of the unnecessary (and actually quite odd) colors that HDR can create if not done perfectly. The sky is also the same, I dont know what you are talking about in that comment. And last thing, not all good images are really saturated. (I didnt know this for a while) so just because some colors are desaturated doesnt mean its "dull". Dull implies a lack of contrast, and his edit is far from lacking contrast.

Sure, sorry but my English is far from perfect, so I might do some mistakes and use wrong words. By dull, I wanted to say that colors are a little bit darkened.

It goes without saying I was really glad to see his proposition. I can turn a different look on the photo.

That said, I prefer this kind of picture with "high colors" rather than "drab".

Now, while I dont hate your work, and some of its pretty good, you rely WAY too much on techniques (HDR) than you do composition, capture of light, and subject matter. And honestly, thats backwards! :P

I agree with you about composition… I’ll try to compose with some human shapes soon in order to complete my shots (if I find a friend who accepts to do several km for a couple of photos :P).

I also admit I'm more "artistic" when I do "classic" shot...

Remember, Im not here to be a jerk (im not FFPMONE) im here to help. And I dont sugar coat my posts.

Hey, I’ve never said that! I enjoy a lot to share opinions, techniques… to talk about photo or suchlike here with you and members! Otherwise, I'd be already gone

• 2 weeks later...

Best one, but they're all very good.

The top two I feel are slightly too saturated in post production, but it's a matter of taste.

Thanks

No, you're right, I've just edited the first one and I'm going to do again the second one, it's missed

Another one of London

Vertorama 2 shots

3434743057_226940bc39.jpg

Click to enlarge

Went to do some shots of a storm I had yesterday

Vertorama 2 shots

With a little bit of imagination, we can see on the left part of the sky, a heart and a hand being just about to catch it : p

3444271095_af006dcdc6.jpg

Click to enlarge

Vertorama 3 shots

3446204416_d42026c25f.jpg

Click to enlarge

Non-HDR version

• 2 weeks later...