My Wonderful Nightmare - Official development.

-My Wonderful Nightmare is an Half-Life² mod that we decided to create from our favorite works or places, with a touch of our dreams, even the most extravagant.-

My Wonderful Nightmare will throw you back in 1945 in Johann's body, a young doctor dying of an unknown illness. You suddenly wake up in an old abandonned building, which looks like an old hospital.

The metal is rusted, the walls are turning into dust, plants have invaded the place. It seems that nobody lives here, and yet you can feel it : something is spying on you, hidden in the deep darkness of this hospital.

You are now convinced : you must get out of here, whatever the means, whatever the price.

*Dive into a sometimes poetical, sometimes horrifying world, in which illogism is the rule : your most beautiful nightmare becomes true thanks to the Valve Source Engine -Orange Box version-.

*Face the most resistant and the most realistic ever foes thanks to an upgraded artificial intelligence, a brand new fight system, as well as a located damage system.

*use your cleverness to solve the different riddles which block your way out.

*Learn new skills thanks to points acquired during the game, or through hidden bonuses.

*A brand new style of gameplay, for a more immersive game than ever.

The team is now composed of Wenceslas (Leader, Level Designer); Darkskall (Second leader); Dark-Eyes (3D Artist); Spartan117ak (Skin Artist)

For this first news, we can proposed four different screenshots of the first chapter of the game entitled "the awakening".

screen01wz4.th.jpg screen02se4.th.jpg

screen03tm6.th.jpg screen04vf8.th.jpg

These pics don't represent the final version of the game.

We inform you that our team is presently searching for experimented programmers, as well as one or several 3D artists mastering "next-gen" techniques. As well as a webmaster.

We also recruit some level designers and texture artists.

To apply for our offers, please send us a private message, showing a portfolio of your personnal projects.

Happy new year to everyone.

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Post in Yanzl's Source Emporium
      Two new asset releases!

First up is Basalt. Sadly I can't release all of the assets as some of the nature stuff is from Megascans and can't be redistributed. Also only includes the assets I've made.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e86kdqwpvhhs5x6/Basalt.zip?dl=0

Second one is assets I've made for Pitstop. A small release that includes some road and concrete trim textures, a bunch of sponsors and some skybox buildings that might be useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6tn3b6nfo2u77d/Pitstop.zip?dl=0

As always, free for non-commercial use with attribution.