"Bush revives bid to legalize illegal aliens"

Urban

well, i think they need to be strengthened, i am not saying we shouldnt allow immigrants.. (how do you think most our familys got here) but our borders are a joke... and alot of people that came here leagally... are now illeagals and should be sent back to where they came from or made citizens.. through the proper channels(and if its not to much to ask.. help them learn english)

and.. follow our rules.. im basicly refering to the one case i belive out of florida about a muslim woman who wanted to have her drivers licenens photo taken with heir vale on or whatever... doesnt really do alot of good as a ID imho

do you think terrorists won't get into the US anymore because you have strict immigration requirements?

did i say this was about terrorists?

It is because he needs the support of all the hispanics. Recently here in california the local government had organized a round-up of illegal aliens. They stand around the street corners and wait for white people to roll up and offer them a job for cash. So they rolled up in some SUVs and offered them some jobs. Once they got in it was straight to the local police station with them.

To you and I this seems like a good idea instead of just coming in in swarms and giving them warning which allows some of them to scatter. However, many people (hispanic mexican stupidheads) decided to protest this round-up. What do you have to protest? They dont have the right to be there so what is the problem?

Euro*Brew

I can say here where they have a large hispanic population... so much so that I am the minority in my town. The one thing that they really mess up here is the welfare system. The Oregon welfare system gets polluted by these groups and then they over extend themselves and cannot serve those who need it. Something needs to be done and I don't think making them legal will help any. Then again whats with the Hispanic group the reason this bid was shot down before was because other groups like the cubans felt left out and bush was getting critized by people within his own party and other political leaders to drop the idea.

Send THEM BACK!!

Send THEM BACK!!

"Help help, I feel outnumbered! My whiteness is scared!" Come on man, there are good and bad in every group. You live in Oregon? I live in Texas, man. We have a ton of Hispanics here, most are incredibly hard-working, family oriented and jovial folks. Very friendly and even if they're illegal, most of them have jobs (which like Fletch said, we wouldn't want to do). I think of them as our modern day Irish. They'll find their place, make their grab at the American Dream and someday will be just as commonplace as those of Irish decent.

I think, however, that border control should be strengthened, if only to regulate the amount of people pouring across our borders. We've always had a weak southern border, and that is a problem, if only for security reasons and the ridiculous "war on drugs." Which I'll get into another time. (Before Duffy and Urban start vomiting accusations of me being a druggy pothead or something equally inane: I do no drugs, what-so-ever, and I don't condone their use. However I see the war on drugs as one of the biggest mis-managements of federal funds and much like picking at a scab, it's only making the problem worse.)

And there was that part where we won the Mexican-American War, took their land, then shipped everybody living there back to Mexico 50 years later, despite the fact that they were all legal American citizens for a generation, then shipped them back into America during WW2 to do factory and farm work, then tried to ship them back to Mexico once all the white guys came back home, refused them the right to organize labor unions so they could earn fair wages, then oppressed their right to vote for years.

Fucking ingrateful bastards. After all those nice things we did to destroy their culture and rob them of hope, they keep coming into America trying to earn a decent wage so that they can feed their families and achieve the American dream. We should ship them all bck to Mexico so we can give hard working white folk their farming jobs where they earn $2.50 an hour. Booyeah.

Honestly, we're lucky they haven't started fucking killing us. Lord knows we've fucked 'em over enough.

Hmm... The mexican American war hmmm... I seem to think there was a little more to that story then you remeber. Lets go back in history to around oh.... lets say around 1833 when General Santa Anna was elected president of the Republic of Mexico, during this time period both American and Mexicans lived in what is modern day texas, peacefully i might add. Then in 1836 President Anna changed the republics consttitution to allow more control over the mexican provinces, because of that the liberal Americans and Mexicans revolted in what we know as the battle of the Alamo. They where defeated by Preisdent Santa Anna, but later that year Anna was defeated at San Jacinto, where he was captured and signed a treaty stating Texas's independance, as the years continued onward Mexico did not reconginize the treaty signed by Santa Anna. Then in 1846 Texas was declared as part of the United States of America.

Then in April of 1846 US Soldiers entered the disputed area and where attacked by mexican soldiers, and in the following month the US declared war on Mexico and from that we get the moden boundries of the US in the souther part of the US from texas westwerd...

Now how does this play into Fletch's little story well it doesn't Mexicans revolted against Mexico as much as the US did in 1836 So to say that we are heartless bastards who do not care about anything is just WRONG. The US never went in there and trampled on them or ruined there culture. Matter infact a lot of that culture is still around in southern Texas. So Those people who say we need to give back to them... That's just not true.