• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus I fucking hate

Librarians

.. they're so bugged, sometimes you can get past ok and other times you do what you're supposed to and they still beat 7 bells of shit out of you...

Agreed. The whole concept of them is awesome, and the first two or three I encountered (except the first one, because I had no idea that that was actually one of them [Achievement Unlocked...]) worked just fine, but every single one after that didn't work properly; kinda ruined the experience. It wouldn't have been that bad, but one of the problems with this game is that several of the levels are really bad about conveying where you actually need to go, and most of the paths are braided causing you to run in loops. I understand if they were trying to convey a sense of confusion, but that's not really something that works for a game. Most of the time you have to run around with your compass out (which doesn't point you in the right direction half of the time, anyway). I totally see what they were trying to do here. Excellent ideas, just poorly executed.

Anyway, still an awesome game.

I think I've got it..

Make eye contact with them at all times.. even when they turn to walk away, if you break eye contact with them and they turn around, they'll attack.. keep moving side-to-side.. back-to-back in small steps.. don't move suddenly or they'll charge you. Whatever you do, when they're looking at you.. keep looking back at them

I got the achievement too.. because I didn't realise that was one the creatures described in the previous level (didn't see it because the room was so big and didn't know where I was looking!

I think I've got it..

Make eye contact with them at all times.. even when they turn to walk away, if you break eye contact with them and they turn around, they'll attack.. keep moving side-to-side.. back-to-back in small steps.. don't move suddenly or they'll charge you. Whatever you do, when they're looking at you.. keep looking back at them

I got the achievement too.. because I didn't realise that was one the creatures described in the previous level (didn't see it because the room was so big and didn't know where I was looking!

at first i thought the creature was the statue in the middle of the room, so i kept making eye contact with it while the

dragon thing was fighting the other two guys

. the problem with the mechanic in teh first place was that you'd have a huge problem opening doors etc., since you walked backwards all the time.

I think I've got it..

at first i thought the creature was the statue in the middle of the room, so i kept making eye contact with it while the

dragon thing was fighting the other two guys

. the problem with the mechanic in teh first place was that you'd have a huge problem opening doors etc., since you walked backwards all the time.

They eventually walk off and jump to a higher position, then you can move, at one point you could avoid them completely by not stepping on the bones around the sleeping ones

Loving this game so far!

I think the graphics are fabulous...and I am not talking OMG what an amazing shader, lighting effect, DX11 shit either. That technical stuff means nothing if the ART direction isn't there. This game would make an amazing movie- some scenes are just wonderful, the story is original, and the concept overall is well worth seeing. The game also did a great job creating a survival horror vibe, through ammo conservation and oddball makeshift weapons. I played up through Chapter 6, and although the AI wasn't the best, it was far from the worst.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with the nerdy dipshits writing reviews either- this game is proof positive that so much of the time, Metacritic is absolute bullshit. Maybe if I had the short attention span of gerbil, and the interests of a nerd, I might not enjoy the game as much, and instead I'd go play my millionth hour of CoD*.

*I do play CoD btw, but its a joke compared to TF2!

Nothing really wrong with the AI, it's not the best but it's decent and enemies tend to hit you a lot if you let them...

Loving this game so far!

I think the graphics are fabulous...and I am not talking OMG what an amazing shader, lighting effect, DX11 shit either. That technical stuff means nothing if the ART direction isn't there.

Agreed, 4A Games have balanced next-gen effects with beautiful artwork on every surface, the outdoor areas especially look absolutely stunning.

Btw, for anyone who gets stuck on the levels with the Amoebas or "Snot Balls";

Switch to military rounds if you have them, you wont need to trade them again as you'll have the best gun in the game by now and shoot the pods which spawn them. With dirty rounds it takes quite awhile to destroy these but military rounds will vapourise them in no time. Switch between the two to conserve the ammo types.

Nothing really wrong with the AI, it's not the best but it's decent and enemies tend to hit you a lot if you let them...

Loving this game so far!

I think the graphics are fabulous...and I am not talking OMG what an amazing shader, lighting effect, DX11 shit either. That technical stuff means nothing if the ART direction isn't there.

Agreed, 4A Games have balanced next-gen effects with beautiful artwork on every surface, the outdoor areas especially look absolutely stunning.

Btw, for anyone who gets stuck on the levels with the Amoebas or "Snot Balls";

Switch to military rounds if you have them, you wont need to trade them again as you'll have the best gun in the game by now and shoot the pods which spawn them. With dirty rounds it takes quite awhile to destroy these but military rounds will vapourise them in no time. Switch between the two to conserve the ammo types.

i used the knife on the pods

:lol:

You're kidding right? How did you avoid those things turning red and blowing you up?!!

I finished it;

I got the war ending, was actually kinda sad at them wiping The Dark Ones out, they hadn't really done any damage and the PSI instances were just their way of trying to reach out to the human race.

Very good game, atmosphere like no other.