German Banking System

2d-chris

In France, the only instance I know of using your card without having to type your pin number is when you use an automated machine to pay when you enter or leave a highway. It would slow everybody down, so you just have to get your card it and out. Never do you have to sign the ticket or whatever. I think the system here is pretty safe and not a pain in the ass. It just gives you the options to do things your way.

Like for buying online, I can use my credit card number directly, but I can also log in my bank website and create temporary card datas that'll allow me to buy online without giving my real numbers. It only works once, then you can create another one for your next buy. But if you don't want to bother, you can do it the easy way.

Just to say: it's not because it's a pain in the ass that it's safer, people have been working for ages on ways to make it safer AND more accessible, and it seems to work pretty well around here.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was shocked at the lack of secuity when I started to use my debit card in the land of swede. I've never seen anyone ONCE, check the signature on the back of the card with the reciept, and as they dont have chip and pin hardly anywhere here i was thinking someone could have xmas early if they ever managed to steal my card.

As i said it's like that with a lot of things. All your personal data, how much money you make etc. is accesible to anyone in the internet. Doors wide open for abuse.

Then they have freaking edges on the floor in doors and in front of downward stairs(!) everywhere. I don't want to know how many people break their legs and necks every years due to this...

I dont know where you live chris, but at the bank where i am, everybody speaks english and could easily understand you.

Paypal works fine to me i can everywhere i want to without going to the bank and transfer the money to paypal.

Also i would rather use a safer than a faster method and to the france and portugal guys: "I dont have to pay when i want to drive on the highway... :D " (only if you're a 50ton Truck or something like that.)

Getting money is also easy as shit, going to the bank, putting your card into the slot, typing in your pin, selecting the amount of money and getting it. :zoidberg:

Couldn't you just take Frie with ya, everytime you want to go to the bank? :lol:

Well.. The problem is, they do learn English in school, and that sure is a requirement to be a bank employee but most of the germans who learn english in school just have it on their CV and thats all for the most part. Sadly that is the truth.. :|

You can still use your body language to tell someone something.. :P