IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

zaphod

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, nothing happens. Let me try again.

The adjoining brush faces must either share one edge or one brush face must be exactly half the size of the other (as well as touching the other as normal). Check out the snarkpit's tutorial and it'll show you what I mean (regarding the way in which brush surfaces must line up).

Click and look at the picture showing the displacement surfaces lining up.

The Source SDK page also has some info on it.

Yea, nothing happens. Let me try again.

The adjoining brush faces must either share one edge or one brush face must be exactly half the size of the other (as well as touching the other as normal). Check out the snarkpit's tutorial and it'll show you what I mean (regarding the way in which brush surfaces must line up).

Click and look at the picture showing the displacement surfaces lining up.

The Source SDK page also has some info on it.

mkay i figured it out. You know that bug thing when you have faces selected then change shit and the face looks like it's selected (with the read mask) but it's really not? Yea well thats what it turned out to be. Im such a dumbass, i deserve to be struck with a metal pole.

I made a new thread for my questions as i didn't notice this until it was too late.

http://www.mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1913

I noticed one of the insurgency guys had the same problem and said his QC file was in the wrong directory, but I double checked that and it still is broken. Perhaps you can help me?

Shall i repost my troubles here?

-R

Here's a good question for you. The VERC guys havent been very forthcoming with any sort of response or question even.

I need to have a functional ladder attached to a large func_rotating for a non-CSS map. Ive tried making a func_useableladder with dismounts and parenting them to the func_rotating (all these entities are uniquely named) and the ladder only functions when the ladder brush is i nthe starting position. It wont wonrk once the func_rotating rotates until it gets back to the start position.

Is there any way to have a ladder that will move with a moving entity or should i spend some time making a number of these ladders for the other degree/angle positions that this ladder would occupy in the course of moving?

Thanks in advance

I'm trying to get my custom sky to work..

this is what I add in the .vmt

"UnlitGeneric"

{

// Original shader: BaseTexture

"$basetexture" "skybox/sky_nam1dn"

"$nofog" 1

$ignorez 1

}

sky doesnt show up ingame and I get this error msg:

material "skybox/nam1_rt" not found

material "skybox/sky_urb01rt" not found

Any tuts on custom skies for hl2?

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.