Sign in to follow this  
arhurt

Nintendo DS Games

So I just got a nintendo DS. Now I don't have a lot of time to play, so I must choose wisely the games I will actually play.

I'm looking for those that stand out, those that you can't miss. Wich ones are they?

People have recommended Advance Wars for me, and I must have Mario Kart, but other than that what else?

The list as it Stands now:

- New Super Mario Bros

- Super Mario 64 DS

- Mario Kart DS

- Brain Age 2

- Metroid Prime Hunters

- Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - Grimoire of the Rift

- The Legend of Zelda

- The Namco Museum

- Nanostray

- Geometry Wars Galaxies

- Advance Wars - Dual Strike

- Advance Wars Days of Ruin

- Shiren the Wanderer

So what do you think of the list? Add any? Remove any?

Ninja Gaiden DS

Contra 4

New Super Mario Bros.

Also, Shiren the Wanderer. A friend recommended it to me, it's a brutal little turn based action RPG that erases your save when you die, so you have to watch your ass constantly while traveling through randomly generated dungeons. I still can't get very far, but it's an addictive little creation. Buy it if you want something different.

This reminds me I need more games for my DS.

":23gytv6x]You should have got a PSP instead, but oh well! :)

I know, but the thing is this is second-hand, and the guy offered it to me at a very good price (and the console is mint), and the PSPs down here are very, very expensive!

Shiren the Wanderer sounds like fun. Added to the list.

Depends what you're into I guess, not on your list is

• [*:2z2ba7me]Ketsui (Much better than Geometry Wars but you'll need to import)
    [*:2z2ba7me]Ninja Gaiden
    [*:2z2ba7me]Etrian Odyssey I & II
    [*:2z2ba7me]Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2 Duo
    [*:2z2ba7me]
KimokawaE!
[*:2z2ba7me]...

I've got a PSP and a DS and I enjoy playing on my DS much more. Then again I'm probably biased :)

You could give any of the "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" games a try. It's a bit too much text and not enough action sometimes, also rather manga'ish, but I like the game concept, which makes you think, the characters, I think you should give it a try if you are into crime investigation/stories or just wanna play "attorney" :)

If you like Advance Wars and can't get enough of that maybe you also wanna try the first series of tactical RPGs by Intelligent Systems: "Fire Emblem"? The first game released for the NES (only released in Japan) back in 1990 has been recreated (completely new look of course, new features etc. but same story) for the DS and is coming out on December 5th in Europe.

the zelda ds title is pretty bad, i wouldn't recommend it.

if you want die hard difficult gameplay, i'd suggest megaman zx / advent. it's like the old series.

also, if you plan to use the gba slot, get warioland 3 and 4. some of the best handheld titles ever.

The last Castlevania (Order of Ecclesia) is just badass, probably one of the best CV I played.

The Oendan series are quite funny too if you like challenging games and Japan in general :cool:

Super Mario 64 DS's stylus controls are bad :( It's decent enough just running around, but the second you want to fly with the red cap or do some accurate platforming, you're all kinds of fucked. On the N64 it took me one try to get all 8 red coins on the Red ? Button secret level, but I tried at that fucker for over an hour on the DS and can't get it.

Harvest Moon Rune Factory 2 came out yesterday I think! :v

The World Ends With You is a decent JRPG/brawler combo.

Days of Ruin is 1000x better than Dual Strike.

Seconding the Order of Ecclasia recommendation.

Elite Beat Agents > Oendan >>>>>> Oendan 2 (which is total shit).

Thanks guys, that's quite and extensive list!

I'll make sure to check those out. Is there any kind of Desktop Tower Defense forthe DS? I'm so addicted to that!