Sign in to follow this  
skdr

Alan Wake

saw this last week, when Saku Lehtinen spoke about it at the FMX in Stuttgart. I'd love to see this on PC, because the tools are totally amazing...

Got mine today :D Limited edition is really nice, looks like there is a lot of good making of stuff too, some of the latest making of doc's have been, well shit. The game its self is really, really good. I don't know what else to say. Great lighting, does night time very well.

Just finished it. I'll admit that I went into it with pretty low expectations, and I actually ended up thinking it's one of the best games so far this year.

Between a plot that keeps you second guessing about what the hell is actually going on, some surprisingly awesome combat and an absolutely stunning atmosphere through the entire game; day and night, it's definitely a well crafted experience that anyone with a 360 has to try. That said, then the ending did come out fairly weak to me, at least the way I understand it, but I don't really think it hurts the game that much looking back on it. It's just one of those games where you feel like you've been on an adventure afterwards, lots of amazing moments.

I was really worried that the light based combat would get old in about an hour, but the core mechanics of melee enemies and you having to break down their "darkness shields" before you can kill them actually stayed fresh through the entire game. Also there are other types of enemies that I wont spoil, but they're sure to leave you on the edge of your seat :). There's some really nice touches in the way the story is being told too, you coming across pages of the story that hasn't happened yet, but once it does you realize that it's a scene from the manuscript and you wait for it to happen, plus you also get insights in what other characters are doing off screen. It just soaks itself in the entire writer theme and it worked surprisingly well.

Also, this is the first "spooky" game since the first Condemned that has given me goosebumps from just being creeped the fuck out, insanely rare that happens with these kinda games.

So yeah, very goo!