Sign in to follow this  
skdr

Alan Wake

Sort of interesting but some of the things that stood out to me most were the animations - couldn't they have some contextual stuff like a catious walk cycle so it wouldn't look so retarded when you go from running from the cops to simply walking normally as you would down a calm street. it looks really off and kills any sense of immersion!

secondly the actual chase looked boring as fuck, there was no real feeling that you were running from someone or doing anything to avoid the cops other than simply walking down a linear path. there's only one option, how can you go wrong, so why feel any aprehension?

as far as voice acting and police dialogue go - it sounds fine, great in places, dunno what anyone is complaining about tbh.

also 7 years for this, i sure hope 6 of those years were spent playing ping pong in the rec room D:

Finnaly, release date, MAY!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alan-Wake-Limit ... 30&sr=8-15

Also, new trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/x10-w ... wake/61811

Info+

http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.ph ... #post58212

We've just announced the Alan Wake LCE for Xbox 360.

Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack will include:

• [*:iiukxc1o]Game Disc in box with unique art
    [*:iiukxc1o]Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
    [*:iiukxc1o]“The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
    [*:iiukxc1o]Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
    [*:iiukxc1o]Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
    [*:iiukxc1o]Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE

0088537008528500x500.jpg

Just a special note if you preorder you will receive the Bright Falls Bonus Pack, which includes exclusive content like Avatar gear, an Xbox LIVE theme, and a “making of” video.

AW_LCE_Product_Shot_RGB-noscale.jpg

I personally liked the trailer.. I have been excited about this game for a long time as well :). Its rather exciting that these games are getting stronger in narrative and each attempt seems to be rather awesome. I like the atmosphere and the small town environments as i grew up in a small town. This, Bad Company 2, Metro 2033 and SplinterCell pretty much all in the same quarter... geeze i feel spoiled already with mass effect 2 haha

What the fuck happened to those animations? The first few bits in the trailer are looking like some sort of animation concepts made during preproduction or something lol.

Also this game will never pay for its developement costs let alone make any profit :(

Yeah that's really weird. Even the animation in the logo at the end was a bit stiff, whereas in past trailers it's been great. Something has to be wrong there.