Alan Wake

skdr

Dark story, deep characters, scary ambiance - this is what I'm expecting from another Remedy game and I feel the trailer delivers! Exciting! Who cares about that Max Payne movie anyway? Give me Alan Wake! Any release date yet?

PS: On subject of gameplay - here is faith they'll get that right too!

I don't wanna be angry for angry's sake, but I'm finding myself more and more underwhelmed with Alan Wake with each year that passes by. A few years ago it was absolutely mind numbingly gorgeous, so gorgeous that I didn't bother asking questions about what it actually was, today it just looks pretty good. Also people are raving about how the gameplay looks really interesting and different, but theres not really been shown anything yet to indicate that there's an actual solid game here, other than its probably gonna be some kind of adventure game'ish thing.

I'm sure its gonna be a great game when its finally released, the guys at Remedy are amazingly talented, but right now they've officially run out of hype for me. They really need to get this thing out before it completely loses its graphical edge.

/hate ;)

I think it was a great trailer, and I'm quite hyped by the psychological approach of the story. This and Heavy Rain are high on my list of games that may get somewhere we just haven't been before in terms of story telling, which is my pet peeve in games development. Remedy has been strong in the past in that department, so I hope this one delivers

As far as graphics are concerned, they had poor performance running this on an overclocked quadcore two years ago, so I never expected the game to ship in this decade anyway, or clearly never with that kinda visuals.