Sign in to follow this  
skdr

Left 4 Dead

All right, if anybody else is using an NVIDIA card, particularly a 9800GTX, what drivers are you using?

The latest from the site are 180.48 and it's been an absolute disaster for me and at least one other guy. Ever since I updated the game's been plagued by awful, unpredictable stutters, wherein I get to look at the same frame and hear the same sound for a good 15 seconds or more.

I'm getting the same issue with my 8800, seems like it's a recent issue cause I haven't upgraded my drivers since Left 4 Dead was released.

Right. Steam told me to update them when it came out, and that was it. I mainly updated this time because Zombie Panic Source crashed citing some driver error.

In a bizarre twist, my 3D View in Hammer doesn't work anymore either.

All right, if anybody else is using an NVIDIA card, particularly a 9800GTX, what drivers are you using?

The latest from the site are 180.48 and it's been an absolute disaster for me and at least one other guy. Ever since I updated the game's been plagued by awful, unpredictable stutters, wherein I get to look at the same frame and hear the same sound for a good 15 seconds or more.

Ugh, tell me about it, I've had that problem since release. Ive got a 260 though.

Regarding stutter problems: Make sure you have multicore rendering turned off. I have what feels like horrible mouse lag with it enabled. The game plays nicely without it, though.

Also, yay for new maps.

Regarding stutter problems: Make sure you have multicore rendering turned off. I have what feels like horrible mouse lag with it enabled. The game plays nicely without it, though.

Also, yay for new maps.

Yeah, what's the deal with that? Isn't multi core rendering meant to give good performance for us chaps with multiple cores? All I ever got was a lap full of crap performance. :(

I have the exact same issue with the dual core processing option turned on, on a E6600. HOWEVER, this wasn't the case when the game originally shipped. The difference between then and now is my 8800 GTS fried while playing L4D, and I replaced it with a 8800 GT. The change of gfx card made the dual core option unusable for me. go figure.