Sign in to follow this  
skdr

Left 4 Dead

I get more fun out of this than some full priced titles so I don't mind :P

Isn't $50 us normal price?

Not in Switzerland, for example. It's much cheaper, thankfully :)

With todays rates, $50 is the normal price.

I get more fun out of this than some full priced titles so I don't mind :P

Isn't $50 us normal price?

Not in Switzerland, for example. It's much cheaper, thankfully :)

With todays rates, $50 is the normal price.

I bought L4D for 45$ (pre-order), so around 54 CHF - if I had bought it in the shop, it would've cost me around 90 CHF.

I finally Picked this up today from steam. Bit of a simple question but can you build custom maps for it like Half Life 2 etc. I don’t use source a lot but I would be interested in trying out something for left 4 dead. Is there an extra download I need to grab or something.

Chears.

I got this for my brother on Christmas

for the 360

and enjoyed it so much I got a copy for myself too so I can play with him. I want the PC version for custom content when it comes (and if I get the time, I'd love to make my own), but for now I prefer it without people running around spamming vocalise binds and skipping all the encounters.

It really needs some support though, such as rigging up the rest of the maps for versus, maybe a new tier of weapons and periodic new campaigns. Ah, and the bugs...

Edit: I should search the Internet before posting

It really needs some support though, such as rigging up the rest of the maps for versus, maybe a new tier of weapons and periodic new campaigns.

I can imagine Valve adding new campaigns withing updates, or adding new weapons, they did this with Team-fortress 2 too, so why wouldn't they do it for this game?

Well, of course they’re going to support it, Valve are famous for it... maybe that’s not the right word. With only half the maps playable in versus, exploits around most encounters and the other obvious but less serious bugs it feels unfinished (it is). New weapons would be a great addition because with only two tiers most parties won’t go off the beaten path, but like new campaigns it's obviously something that can come much later as support.

Edit: I'm not doing that TF2 achievements argument again so I removed all that.

All right, if anybody else is using an NVIDIA card, particularly a 9800GTX, what drivers are you using?

The latest from the site are 180.48 and it's been an absolute disaster for me and at least one other guy. Ever since I updated the game's been plagued by awful, unpredictable stutters, wherein I get to look at the same frame and hear the same sound for a good 15 seconds or more.