Sign in to follow this  
skdr

Left 4 Dead

Low polygon models (but then sometimes there are dozens of zombies on the screen), lack of proper dynamic lights/shadows, and the fact that the player models do not blend in with the environment as much as I`d expect (clipping issues such as weapons going trough doors and a character`s feet being inside non-solid geometry).

The Models are relatively highpoly on max-settings. sure they are not quadrillion polys each but they have so much detail as they need, then there are sometimes 50 zombies on the screen and it's still running fluent, there are dynamic lights and shadows (that's what the flashlight does!) and I didn't have any clipping problems with the player models yet. i had 2 or 3 times a standard zombie clipping into something but usually a good portion of headshot solves the problem better than any graphic-card.

...but usually a good portion of headshot solves the problem better than any graphic-card.

:lol:

As I said I'm really pushing it, I love the game but I'm concerned for future releases using the engine, I trust Valve will come around as they usually do. Need I be more clear? :zoidberg:

just tried Versus! It's a whole lot different from campaign than I had anticipated! It's very fast paced and full of action! Playing as the infected is awesome!

cooped the demo on expert with 4 guys in the office, good fun. Ordered physical copy today, really just getting it for the sdk though :)

Just one question: Where is the AI Director and how do I play it? :???:

Is this a serious question?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_(game_engine)#AI_Director

Oh wow :D , I always had the impression that 1 player could control the zombie horde as the "AI Director" in some gameplay mode. I guess not.

I had bought it before it is was out and i was never able to predownload it. It still get the message servers are to bussy. I am really getting irritated about it.

Somebody got same problem?

Just delete the .blob File from your steam folder (while steam is NOT running) - should fix the problem (at least if you bought the game - you can double check that as well.)

I hate this new consolized server thingie... It took me 40min yesterday to find me a decent server for me and a friends of mine play on!

there are a lot of open lobby's, but these lobbies are from kids with sucky connections, you'll get like 150ping, and it's most likely he'll close the game sooner or later, leaving 7 people hanging!

openserverbrowser don't work for me, if I try to joing a server, the game crashes.

This game is pure fun, but seriously, this new consolized SHIT is getting on my nerves. I'm glad I'll be mostly playing on LAN with my mates at work.