Sign in to follow this  
skdr

Left 4 Dead

Welp. I ain't getting it. I really hate games that prevent you from changing the FOV.

I checked out fov_desired and it defaults to 90.

Welp. I ain't getting it. I really hate games that prevent you from changing the FOV.

Source games have a FOV setting in the ingame options, in the form of a bar that scales from 75 to 90. You can, in fact, change your FOV.

Yeah, great. Except 90 is no good. What's the point in restricting it to a maximum of 90? I can't play it with my friend because he gets motion sickness in anything below 100.

":3dpjuqbu]wat, wat?

Motion sickness because of low fov? It's the first time I read such thing...

In most cases, motion sickness is caused by low fov. Dux is right.

Interested in seeing what games does he actually play, not many of the games are over 100 in fov.

90 is bad? Jesus. You should get your friend to play Battlefield Bad Company. I couldn't stand the FOV on that. It must of been set to 60 or something ridiculous like that.

This game`s got some sliding NPC syndrome :D

Npcs in my game slide everywhere, it's annoying :(

The game doesn't really work as an FPS, nor work as an Action title. It's an OK game if they squeeze the major bugs out (like crashing ever 10 minutes), but it certainly isn't as buggy as people claim Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Resident Evil 1 to be. The game really needs to be polished, A LOT.

:celebrate: It`s finally out! I have been playing the demo a lot with my brother and the other campaigns are just as good as I expected. Can`t wait for the custom "movies" to start coming out!

I have yet to play as the zombies. It brings back to me the same claustrophobic feeling of Aliens vs Predator 1! :ninja:

":31d6s6se]wat, wat?

Motion sickness because of low fov? It's the first time I read such thing...

In most cases, motion sickness is caused by low fov. Dux is right.

Interested in seeing what games does he actually play, not many of the games are over 100 in fov.

These days we mostly play Doom 3 engine games like Enemy Territory which let you change every setting imaginable. When we get bored of that we play Company of Heroes to death. We're cconstantly resorting to isometric RTS/RPG's these day's as games for the PC are being brought over from the console so the FOV is just messed up. Take the new Brothers in Arms for example. Even the FOV in that made me feel ill. He was only able to play it in small doses before having to quit out of sheer sickness.

Have you tried a really wide widescreen, or even plugging the PC to a big TV? I have a friend who has motion sicness when playing FPS games on the PC and not on the console, after I plugged his PC to the 53'' Widescreen TV on the living room he finally could play Half-Life 2 and not feel nauseated.

This game`s got some sliding NPC syndrome :D

Npcs in my game slide everywhere, it's annoying :(

The game doesn't really work as an FPS, nor work as an Action title. It's an OK game if they squeeze the major bugs out (like crashing ever 10 minutes), but it certainly isn't as buggy as people claim Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Resident Evil 1 to be. The game really needs to be polished, A LOT.

Ehm, i played 3 hours straight and had no crash whatsoever.

The game is polished well enough imo.

Some people bitch about the visuals, for me the style&quality is superb but it seems that people expect 999999999 triangles on screen and gazillion of blur and dof filters everywhere. :ninja:

It's fucking awesome. Period. For those whose game crashes all the time - update your video drivers, clean your system, use safe software so you don't let viruses fuck up your system, eventually reinstall your system. :P