Congrats Mino!!!!

kleinluka

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

awsomesauce ... do you already know if you are going to be working on a new IP or not ?

Nop I don't really know any details about the game except that its a DS game targeted at "tweenies" (teenage girls/boys). It's a good project to start with as I said. They are not that complex and sell pretty well =)

The good thing is that they are are investing heavily into training and human resources. There are a few guys coming from Montreal to work at the office and train less experienced people. I'm also pretty confident with the studio heads. The studio director (a french guy) has been working for Ubisoft for 14 years mind you. He's also been living in Brazil for quite a lot of time, is a citizen and knows the peculiarities of this country quite well. He was personally responsible for some successful DS franchises like imagine and petz, and was also the director for ubi's 3rd party games, including GRAW/GRAW 2 PC (the Grin dudes saw him a couple of times at their office ;) ), Dark Messiah of Might & Magic and Rayman Raving Rabbids. He really knows this business and seems to be a very nice and realistic guy so I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time till we move on to more exciting and complex projects.

I was also looking forward to working on something more casual and relaxed for a while after having worked on hardcore shooters for 7 years. This is the perfect opportunity to learn new skills and work on something totally different than what I'm used to. :)

By the way, the studio is located in one of the wealthiest areas of Latin America. It's a really kickass place:

http://flickr.com/search/?q=avenida%20paulista&w=all

And here are some photos I took when I was in Sao Paulo for those who have no idea how the city is like:

http://flickr.com/photos/thiagoklafke/

That is the area I'm gonna live in. It can be kind of ugly but it's a relatively safe place. There's a lot of cool architecture, museums, theatres and parks nearby, and the apartment is only 2 blocks away from the nearest subway station, what more can I ask? :cool:

The studio director (a french guy) has been working for Ubisoft for 14 years mind you. He's also been living in Brazil for quite a lot of time, is a citizen and knows the peculiarities of this country quite well. He was personally responsible for some successful DS franchises like imagine and petz, and was also the director for ubi's 3rd party games, including GRAW/GRAW 2 PC (the Grin dudes saw him a couple of times at their office ;) )

Wonder if it's the guy that couldn't pronounce AI. (He kept talking about AE)