Sign in to follow this  
General Vivi

Chell's Legend menu map

I decided to put together a small video showing off the process of how I created my menu map for Chell's Legend (portal mod I'm working on). The video shows the process going from dev stages to final art and scripting. I had a lot of fun working on this map and I'm glad I can share the experience with you ^^

chells_legend_mainscreen0104.jpg

You can watch the video on youtube or dl the higher quality version from rapid share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

wow - great scene and love the detail with the seagull-cryings and the waves smashing there. only the music in the video drove me kind of crazy - don't know why and it doesn't harm the scene at all but wow that so psychadellic sounding :D

kinda like the idea of the store sign as well a lot! great feeling to it. just not sure if the white doors and windows should not at least give a little bit more of a sneak what's behind it (with some rough and barely visible outlines/shadows?)

i think it looks pretty awesome. the only complaint i have is that there's something missing out on the horizon. no natural scene would ever have an empty void out there. at least put some buildings or terrain out there so it covers it for at least a bit.

Really cool vid, man! But that oil refinery thing does NOT fit the scene.

well, i think it fits the theme very well, cuz, think about portal. it is bright and clean, but behind it, it is dirty..

dunno if you placed the refinery there cuz of the reason i named but thats my interpretation of the scene :)

I mainly put the big machine (ac unit) as a means of how they got large amounts of air to their chambers that are below ground (where all the testing happens). I also thought it was a good contrast between the nice building and then in the background you can see big dirty machines. :)

Thanks for the comments ^^

Very awesome vivi ! i love the composition you've made, great mood, even greater with the music of your video. :D

One little critic tho, as sentura said, to me it lacks a far element of background on the left behind the oil refinery : Something BIG to add more depth of field, like mountains or buildings.

Thanks for all the feedback guys :D!

I just announced the mod a day or so ago! Trying to build it up atm so that people know about it when the time comes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chell's Legend is a Portal mod that I started about a year ago and has since evolved to something much greater. Gameplay is a mix between Portal, Hl2, and a 2d platformer. With brand new Portal mechanics and an awesome story supported by very talented voice actors, you will be in for the ride of your life :D! I've always wanted to create something like this and now I have my chance!

ModDb profile : Chell's Legend mod for Portal - Mod DB

th_chells_legend_mainscreen0104.jpg th_chells_revenge_eps1_5.jpg th_chells_revenge_eps1_2.jpg th_chells_revenge_eps1_4.jpg

-vivi