Alright Vilham just came down and gave me a verbal beatdown in the office...... I'm gonna give it a serious go tonight guys. Do not fear!

lol, dont worry about it Pogo, it gets better but I agree, its a good game, but kinda flat in the blow me a way department. Its got this nice Blade Runner vibe to it though, especially in

China.

It's the troll cycle. I will slowly fade into trollish obscurity soon, and someone else will take up the mantle. I think you and Sentura have held it enough times though, Dux!

Alright, I finished it and I really loved it! :crazy:

It's really a great game and Eidos Montréal should be proud. I'm gonna replay it since I missed sidequests and other stuff. :D

Three things that bothered me though:

- The bosses are way too hard and uninteresting if you have a heavy stealth-oriented character. I was playing on Deus Ex and got my ass kicked so many times I didn't count.

And the fact that I couldn't use my augs against Namir really pissed me off big time (but it's my fault I guess).

The last boss, however, was pretty neat and well designed, I liked it a lot,

since you don't have to mindlessly shoot it to death while hoping you don't get insta-killed.

- The AI was quite wonky at times, and would give up researches too soon if they spotted you. The fact that a whole pack gets hostile at once is kind of weird too. But overall it was well done and I liked stealth a lot.

- The fact like, as in Thief 3, you don't make a single noise when crouched. I assume it was to make the game a bit easier, but to me it makes it way, way too easy to sneak-in unnoticed, especially when the crouch-run pace is so fast.

Really nice: The easy mode is called Tell me a story, so it's less embarrassing for a casual-noob like me who doesn't want to fight his ass of.

I'm now at the point where I could go to

china

but I'm not sure if I should stay in

Detroit

and finish all the side-quests first :( Damn too much choice :D

Are you sure you have access to all the side quests? First time through i wasn't offered the

undercover hitman quest (Cloak and Dagger i think it was called) but on the 2nd time through i was given it after exiting the police station. Maybe its the way i approached the police station mission (stealthy rather than gaining permission to go to the morgue)?

Quite glad really as there's a few of these quests i missed that make the second playthrough different to play.

Breaking the 666 post count this thread has. :(

After finally getting used to the cover system (and moving in/out of it properly), I've been having a ton of fun with this game. It's not revolutionary or blow me away with OTT action, but it's a solidly crafted and (mostly) well-executed experience. Certainly 4/5 star material for sure.

The hardest part after being shoe-horned into playing a million different games exactly the way the designers intended is breaking out of that "stick to a certain play style" mentality and just fluidly playing however the hell I feel like at the time. I generally try to ghost all of the main missions, but there's just something appealing about icing aug-haters in cold blood.

Think next play through will be the ol' homicidal sociopath round. I'll be interested to see if it's still possible to move forward in the game if you shoot mission critical NPCs in the head.

Hiding some kids in the ventilation system:

vRUdl.jpg

AJeb9.jpg

One thing that annoys me a bit is how the character models are recycled over and over again. I have seem this guy in particular playing several roles. So far he's been a:

- Hobo

- Sarif Employee

- Civilian

- Police Officer

E7l7X.jpg

Nice legs btw :)

Finished the game today for the first time, 21.6 hours. 30 achievements. Missed out a couple side quests but other than that that was a very thorough play through.

And I'm about to start again, which frankly hasn't happened for me since my Sands of Time speed runs in 2004. This game is polished, elegantly designed every step of the way, never feels like a chore and inviting to test its limits while seldom finding them.

Game of the year, and most exciting game to play for me since Left 4 Dead in 2008