, like that some of it looks more futuristic than Deus Ex, despite this game only being 20 years in the future compared to Deus Ex's 50

Honestly, I think this is a really bad argument and I don't understand why some people hold that against the game. Deus Ex 1 was made like 8 years ago. The only reason why it looked the way it did was because technology didn't allow for very...lets say.... "adventurous" visuals... It was very very limiting. That's why all the buildings in the first game look like pixelated shoe boxes. Technology has advanced so much since then, enabling us to go way further with the visuals than the first game. I bet you if the people making the first game would have had the possibility of pushing the visuals the way we are now, they would have. It wouldn't make sense to create a game that looks as bland as the first Deus Ex (let's be honest, it didn't look very good). As for the art style....I love it. it's a lot of fun and in my opinion it's a nice breeze of fresh air in midst of all those brow/grey next-gen pseudo realistic games these days... :)

It's less the design of the environments (those look sweet :quagmire: ) and more the mech augs shown in the concept art and descriptions of the mech augs available, versus Gunther and Anna. They've got this decidedly low tech look to them. Bits of metal plating welded onto skin and bone, metal robo-replacement parts. With what we've seen of DX3 stuff looks far more presentable, at least, being plasticy and humanoid.

Of course, there might be a very good reason for this- after all, present day artificial limbs are plasticy and humanoid, rather than clunky metal- it's all in the utilization and abilities. Gunther and Anna have increased strength and endurance, infolinks, explode when they die, and can do stuff like track JC's heartbeat via satellite. DX3's Adam however can apparently spring tentacles out of his back and bungie jump. :P I hope at least as a trade-off he can't take as much of a beating, but then again he can punch through walls and do kung fu "multikills". :tinfoil:

Edit: Maybe his limitation is a limited battery for his systems and every twenty minutes ingame you have to find a wall outlet and plug yourself in. :v

Edit2: My favorite of the shots released:

2912074876138a683442ji9.jpg

So awesome.

Some snippets:

It's a prequel set in 2027

You play Adam Jensen, a security officer working for a biotechnology firm.

Part of the game is set in Shanghai

The game uses a Renaissance style art blended with cyberpunk (looks great)

There'll be around 20 augmentations

The game is first person but will switch perspective for stealth

Hacking involves a mini game (a la system shock, bioshock)

There is hand to hand combat

You can punch through Walls to grab enemies by the neck

You van bungee jump off ledges

The developers are trying to be loyal to the first game

Skill points return and are expanded

Universal ammo has been ditched

Multiple endings

So much for seeing JC.

SIGH. I'm getting really pissed with developers lately.

Sounds good to me, not sure about the whole security officer thingy tho.

In DX1 you were a manufactured super soldier, trained to be a killing machine to join UNATCO later on, so it all started with some importance for the main character right away, and all the plot circles around him.

so I don't see if choosing to play with a security officer working for a biotechnology firm is a good idea or not, it sounds like some security officer got curious and suddenly started to poke his nose and discovering governs secret?! Mmm, I dunno but I'll wait to see before I start criticizing! :)

dux, DX1 takes place in 2052, DX3 takes place in 2027, exactly 25 years which I believe it's the exact age of JCDenton, so this is the year JC was born, probably. So I guess most of the plot will be around that, therefor if you see JC or Paul Denton, they will be fetus or just kids. I'm just speculating here.

Edit, just remenbered Morpheus mentions JC is 23 years old!

JC's origins are muddled in the game. In Area 51, a datacube reveals JC's date of inception as March 17, 2054, with an "assigned birth date" of March 17, 2029. Since Deus Ex takes place in 2052 this would mean JC is physically 23 years old (this is supported by the fact Morpheus mentions JC is 23), and he was growth accelerated to his biological age. This would be assuming that the inception date was incorrect. This leaves no room for most of his original backstory, unless the acceleration was somehow irregular or his memories are in fact false (which raises serious questions about his relationship with Paul). Another datacube contains an email about "creating genetically viable candidates for nano-augmentation through cloning", speculating that "in the future, this process could be streamlined through the application of accelerated growth and memory implantation", which lends some credence to this theory.

This leaves open the possibilities that JC and/or Paul are the result of such a process (and that all references to their past and their parents are forged) or that the datacube with JC's age (and the appearance of fully-grown clones in tubes) is simply an inconsistency introduced by development of the game. Given the complexity of the plot of Deus Ex and its numerous twists, neither can be discounted.

People were saying that DX3's intro is derivative of IW's, and I really don't see the connection. In DX1 you're a new recruit to UNACTO and the second Nanotech soldier. In IW you're yet another nanotech person, and currently a student in "Tarsus Academy", being trained to serve the WTO. In DX3, you're an average guy security guard who through a series of events ends up getting the Robocop treatment as far as I know.

Edit: HP, Paul is 11 years older than JC. JC in DX1 is early to mid 20's, so he's either a newborn or a fetus in a test tube (omg tie-in to the DX3 debut trailer!) circa this game.

Honestly, I think this is a really bad argument and I don't understand why some people hold that against the game. Deus Ex 1 was made like 8 years ago. The only reason why it looked the way it did was because technology didn't allow for very...lets say.... "adventurous" visuals... It was very very limiting. That's why all the buildings in the first game look like pixelated shoe boxes.

I'd disagree with this, mostly because I personally feel the environments of Deus Ex played a large role in its greatness, but also because the guy who made it said it did. :P

Deus Next: The next installment in the long series of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" video games where nothing should be different but everything that is exactly identical also sucks.

Fan boys may be the bread and butter of this industry, but there are times when not listening to them at all should really be your first priority.

Deus Next: The next installment in the long series of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" video games where nothing should be different but everything that is exactly identical also sucks.

Fan boys may be the bread and butter of this industry, but there are times when not listening to them at all should really be your first priority.

I can't even describe how irritated I feel when someone says something like that.

mmm

Oh and nice to see some stuff from this!

Looking good, waiting for some better quality screens tho :)

You're so lucky to be working on a new Deus Ex game, Klein :(

I had a chance to look at the screens before they were taken down, looks very cool indeed. And the main characters name is Jensen, which makes it an instant buy for me!