Sign in to follow this  
FrieChamp

Jogging

I don't do any of this. :shifty: I keep myself moderately healthy by walking at a regular pace, without any conditions or goals, when I'm doing something else like getting groceries or visiting a friend. I couldn't run seven km (or even seven miles, stupid metric system!), but I can't think of a single reason why I would need or want to. :v

If you can't run 7km I don't think you could run 7mi. :lol:

Seriously though, 3mi/5km is a good distance to get your cardio going. It is not necessary to run any further as you are just puting undue stress on your joints. Otherwise just start biking.

I used to run a lot and ended up w/ tendinitis and then bursitis. I prefer low impact exercises now.

Lol you guys are so funny, cant do the easiest divide or muktiply with 10, but do it with 6 and 1.4 and 674 (or whatever ) thats all ok :D

We most certainly can do metric math, and smaller sizes like centimeter and millimeter are used in America for measurement and sciencey type stuff (since the smallest measurement we have normally is inches and fractions of inches). We just prefer to stick with our American measurements for the most part. ;)

Plus re-making all our road signs, maps, books, databases, property deeds, etc. would be a nightmare to go through to change to metric, and that's ignoring getting PEOPLE to start using this new system in general! :P

Lol you guys are so funny, cant do the easiest divide or muktiply with 10, but do it with 6 and 1.4 and 674 (or whatever ) thats all ok :D

Plus re-making all our road signs, maps, books, databases, property deeds, etc. would be a nightmare to go through to change to metric, and that's ignoring getting PEOPLE to start using this new system in general! :P

So what you are saying is that you are just to lazy ;)