Sign in to follow this  
FrieChamp

Jogging

I prefer doing a combination of CV activities. Running machine, bike, rowing and cross trainer. Rather than going outside and jogging :P Suppose if you're looking to get "fit" inside then playing a sport you enjoy is the best way. Tennis is particually good, you move as much as you want to really.

I'm sure you can find some friends who do things like badminton/tennis/football. A few hours of that every week would do you just as much good (if not more) than just jogging :)

I used to pay a visit to the gym every 2 days a week, did it for 2 years. Now that I work is a little bit complicated finding the time to work, play games, exercise and work at home! :P

ride a bike.. great thing about a bike is if you get tired, you can still keep going. Just shift gears and go slow for a bit. Biking is so much more fun than running, muuuuch less painful/bad for your joints. I can't run because of my bum knee, after a few minutes it starts stiffening up and aching, but I never get that on a bike.

Today I had the worst idea ever. I went jogging.

After hearing from one of my (female) friends yesterday that it took her 50 minutes of jogging for 7km I became curious. She said that it's quite embarassing, even for a girl, because 50 minutes is such a long time for that distance, but I honestly couldn't recall when or even "if" I ever travelled 7km faster than walking speed (outside a vehicle). "You go to a gym regularly and men run faster anyway so it shouldn't be a problem for you" she said. So I left my house this afternoon, checked the clock before I left - it was "3.55pm", when I came back it was "4.08pm" and I was fuckin exhausted. I felt like in a bad comedy movie. I made it upwards to the end of the street, across the intersection up that following road halfways and had to stop to catch for my breath. I started running again and that was probably mistake number 1 - I went way too fast, this is no excuse but looking at other joggers, I think I should have jogged half the speed, especially for a beginner. Anyway, across the park, which isn't that big admittedly, a little further and then I stopped again, walking to my house (I ran in a circle). Fucking pathetic. It dawns on me now that I haven't done any significant stamina training for the past 4 years and that starts to show.

Does anyone here jog regularly or do any other stamina training? Tips maybe?

I think I need to lie down now :-|

This is absolutely normal what you says haha. When I started jogging I jogged somewhere 2 km only. And that was sufficient for me. I remember I couldn't breathe good as I run the last stretch. Then I imidiatly drank alot of water. Why did you begun by jogging so much? Where did you hurry in the first day? Well.. you know.. when you start it's the most hardest part but I promise, believe me - who knows. After 2 - 3 weeks of regular, determinated jogging your condition, state, will meliorate some. Rule 1: In the first day run 2 - 3 km, then begin after some time run 4 - 5, et.c

But if you quit jogging, you have to do it all over again. But the best anaerobic exercise is from my point of view swimming. It gives so much: good stamina, good condition and a feeling of life. :D:D

:-| too bad i don't run more in the woodlands.

Jogging and nicotine don't mix up very well unfortunately :( I used to go jogging at least 2 times a week but it gets really really boring when you don't have a nice park next to your house.

I'll be happy if I make it to the forties considering my current life style.

Jogging and nicotine don't mix up very well unfortunately :(

True, but there is a great way to work that out. When you get up, go jogging BEFORE you get any nicotine or coffee or whatever. Then when you get back, it all feels waaay better than it would if you didn't jog ;)

I couldn't run seven km (or even seven miles, stupid metric system!)

Lol you guys are so funny, cant do the easiest divide or muktiply with 10, but do it with 6 and 1.4 and 674 (or whatever ) thats all ok :D

Frie if you do something for more then 21 times it becomes a routine according to research, also when you run you start to produce endorphine (sp?) in your brtain whitch will make you feel really good, so if you just keep it up it will become a breeze.